Joseph F. Timilty (state senator)
Joseph F. Timilty (October 3, 1938 – December 22, 2017) was an American politician.
Timilty's grandfather James P. Timilty was a state senator and the namesake of the James P. Timilty Middle School in Boston. His uncle Joseph F. Timilty was Boston Police Commissioner from 1936 to 1943. His son, James E. Timilty is a former State Senator and now Treasurer of Norfolk County, and his nephew, Walter Timilty, Jr. is a State Senator. His daughter, Kelly Timilty, was a member of the Massachusetts Governor's Council. His brother, Walter F. Timilty, Sr. is the Clerk of Courts in Norfolk County. Timilty went to Providence College. He served in the United States Marine Corps. He was involved with his family's laundry business and with the real estate business. Timilty also served as a teaching fellow at the John F. Kennedy School of Government. He died of cancer at his home in Canton, Massachusetts.
- 1983-1984 Public Officers of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Annual Report of the Election Department. 1972. p. 44.
- Annual Report of the Election Department. 1976. p. 76.
- Annual Report of the Election Department. 1982. p. 82.
- Bailey, Doug (January 28, 1993). "Timilty indicted in loan probe". Boston Globe. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Timilty Gets Four-Month Jail Term". Associated Press. September 1, 1993.
- Guarino, David R. (July 6, 2001). "Fund-raising scares Timilty out of 9th District race". Boston Herald. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- 'Joseph Timilty, 79, former state senator who waged epic mayoral battles against Kevin White,' The Boston Globe, Bryan Marquard. December 23, 2017