Joseph Lubin (entrepreneur)
|Education||Princeton University, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|Known for||distributed database entrepreneur, ConsenSys, Ethereum|
Joseph Lubin is a Canadian-American entrepreneur. He has founded and co-founded several companies including the Swiss-based EthSuisse, contributing heavily to Ethereum, the decentralized cryptocurrency platform. Lubin is founder of ConsenSys, a Brooklyn-based software-production studio.
In early 2014, Lubin was Chief Operating Officer of Ethereum Switzerland GmbH (EthSuisse), a company working to extend the capabilities of the type of blockchain database first popularized by Bitcoin, and extend the capabilities of the blockchain to store programs in addition to data, as well as facilitate, verify, or enforce the negotiation or performance of smart contracts.[needs update] The new generation of distributed crypto-secure databases with smart contract functionality has been referred to as "Blockchain 2.0"
He subsequently founded ConsenSys in 2015 which is a decentralized blockchain production studio. It develops software mainly for the Ethereum blockchain system. It also provides decentralized software services to companies. They also do enterprise and government consulting.
Lubin has been personally involved in cross-industry groups attempting to advance solutions to governance issues in the blockchain industry.
- Filiba, Jack (May 3, 2018). "How Toronto's Ethereum Co-Founder Joseph Lubin Pioneers the Blockchain Industry". Coinsquare. Archived from the original on May 14, 2019. Retrieved May 14, 2019.
- "Researchers link realism to blockchain's promise". Princeton University. December 26, 2018. Retrieved January 5, 2021.
- "The Richest People In Cryptocurrency". Forbes. 6 February 2018. Archived from the original on 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
- "Company Overview of Ethereum Switzerland GmbH". Bloomberg. 2016-08-20. Archived from the original on 2016-08-20. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
The company was founded in 2014 and is based in Baar, Switzerland. Archived 2019-02-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Popper, Nathaniel (2016-03-27). "Ethereum, a Virtual Currency, Enables Transactions That Rival Bitcoin's". New York Times. Archived from the original on 2016-03-31. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Shin, Laura. "How Joseph Lubin Cofounded Ethereum And Scored A Billion-Dollar Fortune". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-02-26.
- "Blockchain's Backers Gather to Push Governance for Technology". Bloomberg.com. 2016-08-22. Archived from the original on 2017-12-25. Retrieved 2018-02-25.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|