Journal of Physics B
|J. Phys. B|
|Edited by||Paul Corkum|
|1968–1987: Journal of Physics B: Atomic and Molecular Physics
1988–present: Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
In 2006, this journal merged with Journal of Optics B (1999–2005).
|License||CC BY 3.0 (open access part)|
The Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics is a peer-reviewed scientific journal published biweekly by IOP Publishing. It was established in 1968 from the division of the earlier title, Proceedings of the Physical Society. In 2006, the Journal of Optics B: Quantum and Semiclassical Optics was merged with the Journal of Physics B. The editor-in-chief is Paul Corkum (University of Ottawa-NRC, Canada).
The journal covers research on atomic, molecular physics and optical physics which is known by researchers in the field as "AMO physics". Topics include atomic and molecular structure, spectra and collisions, ultracold matter, quantum optics and non linear optics, quantum information, laser physics, intense laser fields, ultrafast and x-ray physics and atomic and molecular physics in plasmas.
The journal publishes research papers, Fast Track Communications (FTCs), topical reviews, tutorials and invited articles. It publishes Special Issues on developing research fields.
Abstracting and indexing
The Journal of Physics B is abstracted and indexed in:
- Aerospace and High Technology Database
- Astrophysics Data System
- Chemical Abstracts
- Engineering Index/Ei Compendex
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database
- International Nuclear Information System
- Mass Spectrometry Bulletin
- Science Citation Index
- Referativny Zhurnal
- "Open access information - Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics - IOPscience". iopscience.iop.org. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics is a hybrid open access journal (…)