Joy Batchelor (12 May 1914 in Watford, Hertfordshire – 14 May 1991 in London) was an English animator, director and producer. She worked in the main with her husband John Halas in their Halas and Batchelor company whose best known production is the animated feature film Animal Farm (1954).
One of her projects as an art director was Cinerama Holiday (1955). As a director, she later worked in television, directing series, including animated shows like The Jackson 5ive (1971). Batchelor died on 14 May 1991, just two days after her 77th birthday.
Partial Director Filmography
- The Count of Monte Cristo (1973) (TV Series)
- The Osmond Brothers (1972) (TV Series)
- The Jackson 5ive (1971) (TV Series)
- Ruddigore (1967) animated film
- The Lone Ranger (1966) (TV Series)
- The New Casper Cartoon Show (1963) (TV Series)
- Popeye (1956) (TV Series)
- Animal Farm (1954)
- Coastal Navigation (1953)
- Heave Away My Johnny (1949)
- Six Little Jungle Boys (1945)
- The Big Top (1944)
- Dustbin Parade (1942)
- Pocket Cartoon (1941)
- The Music Man (1938)
- Robin Hood (1935)
- Joy Batchelor at the Internet Movie Database
- "Ode To Joy" on YouTube - a short introduction to Batchelor's work, made to mark the centenary of her birth.
|This biographical article related to British television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|