Joy Bauer, MS, RD, CDN
|Born||November 6, 1963|
|Television||The Today Show|
Bauer began her career at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City as the clinical nutritionist with their neurosurgical team. She taught Anatomy & Physiology and Sports Nutrition at New York University School of Professional Studies. She served as the Director for Nutrition for the Pediatric Cardiology Department at Mount Sinai Medical Center. While at Mount Sinai, Bauer created and implemented "Heart-Smart Kids," a health program for underprivileged children living in Harlem.
Bauer served as nutrition consultant for the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, where she designed and supervised its ongoing research in eating disorders and weight management. She was the nutritionist for New York University's faculty, students and athletes. As the founder and CEO of Joy Bauer Nutrition, she headed one of the largest nutrition centers in the country for close to two decades.
In 2014, Bauer founded Nourish Snacks.
Books and publications
Bauer is the author of a number of health books, cookbooks and diet books, including:
- Yummy Yoga (Abrams Books for Young Readers, October 2019)
- Joy's Simple Food Remedies (Hay House, October 2018)
- From Junk Food to Joy Food (Hay House, February 2016)
- The Joy Fit Club Cookbook, Diet Plan & Inspiration (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; 2012)
- Joy Bauer's Food Cures (ISBN 978-1-60-961312-9) was reviewed by the American Dietetic Association and called "a common-sense, fad-free approach to using food to improve your health and feel your best." Originally published in 2007, it was revised and reissued in 2011.
- Slim & Scrumptious (William Morrow Cookbooks; 2010)
- Your Inner Skinny: Four Steps to Thin Forever (William Morrow; 2009) was reviewed in the Chicago Tribune 
- Joy's LIFE Diet (ISBN 978-0-06-166574-5), a book reviewed in Publishers Weekly, January 2009, and placed No. 1 on the April 29, 2007 New York Times Bestseller Paperback How To List.
- Prevention 3-2-1 Weight Loss Plan (Rodale Books; 2007)
- The 90/10 Weight Loss Cookbook (St. Martin's Griffin; 2004)
- Cooking with Joy: The 90/10 Cookbook (St. Martin's Press; 2004)
- The 90/10 Weight Loss Plan (St. Martin's Griffin; 2001)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition (Alpha; 1999)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Smart (Alpha; 1996)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration: Registered Dietitian
- New York State Certified Dietitian–Nutritionist
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Sports & Cardiovascular Nutritionist Group
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Pediatric Practice Group
- NBC’s TODAY Show, Nutrition and Health Expert
- Nourish Snacks, Founder 
- Contributing Editor/Columnist, Woman’s Day Magazine 
- New York City Ballet, Nutritionist
- Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Alessandra Stanley (December 4, 2007). "Morning TV Veers From News to Frills". New York Times.
- "Joy Bauer, RD". Health Expert Columns. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Media Excellence Award Recipients". www.eatrightpro.org. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "American Society of Nutrition Science Awards Past Recipients".
- Cantor, Danielle. "Discovering our path to healthy living, with a little help from Joy". JW Magazine. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "The skinny: We cut through the glut of new nutrition books to sort out 5 of the best".
- "Paperback best Sellers: April 29, 2007". New York Times. April 29, 2007. Retrieved May 7, 2010.