|No. 17, 84|
August 22, 1987|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Killeen, Texas|
|NFL Draft:||2009 / Round: 3 / Pick: 99|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Juaquin Iglesias (pronounced Hwah-KEEN; born August 12, 1987) is a former gridiron football wide receiver. He was drafted by the Bears in the third round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football for the Oklahoma Sooners.
Born to Bobby and Bernita Iglesias, his father is a barber shop owner in Temple, Texas. Began playing football for the Boys and Girls Club in Killeen, Texas. As a senior at Killeen High School, Killeen, Texas, Iglesias had 42 catches for 886 yards and 10 touchdowns, and was named first team all-district (16-4A), under coach Sam Jones. He also ran track and field in the 400, 800, and 1,600 meter relays, and averaged 17 points per game in basketball.
In his first season as a Sooner, 2005, he had 19 receptions for 290 yards. This included his first career touchdown catch at Oklahoma, a 21-yard touchdown-game winner from Rhett Bomar, in a double overtime win against the Baylor Bears, 37-30, on October 22.
In 2006, he had 41 catches for 514 yards. In the 2007 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State, he had a career-high 129 yards receiving, and caught the successful pass on a two-point conversion which allowed OU to tie the game with 1:26 remaining. He achieved a new career high in an Oklahoma victory against the University of Tulsa (62-21), on September 21, 2007, with 59 catches for 142 yards and two touchdowns.
|Height||Weight||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-0⅞ *||210 *||4.44 *||1.56 *||2.62 *||4.40 *||X||34½"||8'09"||X||27 *|
|* represents NFL Combine **represents Oklahoma Pro Day|
Iglesias was drafted in the 3rd round (99th overall pick) of the 2009 NFL Draft by the Chicago Bears. He was signed to a four-year contract on June 10, 2009, and was expected to challenge Rashied Davis for the number three spot on the depth chart. During his rookie year he was active for only one game.
The Houston Texans signed Iglesias to their practice squad during the 2012 preseason. On August 31, Iglesias was released by the Texans.
On February 21, 2013, Iglesias was signed by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. During the 2013 CFL season, Iglesias recorded 3 receptions for 65 yards. On September 25, 2013, Iglesias was released by the Argonauts.
- Iglesias page Archived 2007-10-13 at the Wayback Machine. at Sooner Sports
- Iglesias page[permanent dead link] at Yahoo! Sports
- Anderson, Bobby. "Boomer Bio: Juaquin Iglesias" - Sooner Spectator magazine and SoonerSpectator.com - 2005-11-03
- "Young players remain poised in Oklahoma win" - the Associated Press - (c/o ESPN.com) - October 23, 2005
- Griffin, Tim. "Cornhuskers, Sooners hope to return to elite level" - ESPN.com - October 26, 2005
- Nawrocki, Nolan (April 21, 2009). "The Way We Hear It — draft edition". Pro Football Weeklywebsite. Retrieved April 25, 2009.[permanent dead link]
- PFW staff (2009-06-10). "Bears complete rookie signings". Pro Football Weekly, LLC. Archived from the original on 2010-05-07. Retrieved 2009-12-30.