From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bourcier was an expert on hummingbirds, and named a number of new species, either alone or with other ornithologists; such as Adolphe Delattre and Martial Etienne Mulsant. The following hummingbird species bear his name:
- Colibri de Bourcier (Polyonymus caroli), described by Bourcier in 1847.
- Phaethornis bourcieri, described by René Primevère Lesson in 1832.
- Descriptions de nouvelles espèces d'oiseaux-mouches, 1839 (with Martial Étienne Mulsant & Jules Verreaux).
- Collection typique d'oiseaux mouches (Trochilidés), 1874 (posthumous).
- Beolens, Bo & Watkins, Michael (2003). Whose Bird?: Men and women commemorated in the common names of birds, Christopher Helm, London.
|This article about a French zoologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an ornithologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|