Julia Goldani Telles
Julia Goldani Telles
Goldani Telles at Showtime's The Affair FYC Screening and Panel, May 6, 2015
Julia Goldani Telles (born March 18, 1995) is an American actress and ballet dancer. She is best known for her supporting role as Whitney Solloway on the Showtime original series The Affair and as Sasha Torres on the short-lived ABC Family series Bunheads.
Telles was born in Los Angeles, California to a Brazilian mother and Mexican American father. She moved with her parents to Rio de Janeiro when she was almost two years old. It was there that she was introduced to the world of ballet at the age of five. When the family relocated back to Los Angeles at age five, Telles could only speak Portuguese and learned English after the family's move. Telles moved to New York City when she was thirteen and attended Professional Children's School in Manhattan, New York.
Telles trained at the School of American Ballet and Ballet Academy East, and appeared in numerous ballet performances including Sleeping Beauty, Nutcracker, Don Quixote, and Swan Lake. A case of tendonitis and labral tears in her hips at the age of 15 forced Telles to stop practicing ballet for a year; to avoid depression, she decided to take a drama course.
Telles' first role in television came in 2011 when she successfully auditioned for the part of Sasha Torres in ABC Family's Bunheads. She did so having never had an acting job before and without head-shots or a résumé. Her agent felt Bunheads should have been one of her first auditions as he felt she would be comfortable with the dancing aspect of the show. The pilot episode was filmed in November 2011. Bunheads was picked up to series and ran for eighteen episodes from June 11, 2012 to February 25, 2013.
She also guest starred on the Blue Bloods episode "The Bogeyman" which aired January 10, 2014.
|2012–2013||Bunheads||Sasha Torres||Main role, 18 episodes|
|2014||Blue Bloods||Morgan||Episode: "The Bogeyman"|
|2014||The Carrie Diaries||Amelia Strong||Episode: "Hungry Like the Wolf"|
|2014||Nurse Jackie||Mandy||3 episodes|
|2014–present||The Affair||Whitney Solloway||Main role|
|2016||Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life||Sandee Martin||Episode: "Spring"|
|2018||Most Likely to Murder||Tami||Film|
|2018||The Wind||Emma Harper||Film|
|2018||Looks That Kill||post-production|
- "Julia Goldani Telles". MediaBang. Archived from the original on November 14, 2014. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- Brandão, Liv (5 October 2015). "Julia Goldani Telles, uma quase brasileira em 'The affair". Jornal O Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Sasha Torres by Julia Goldani Telles". ABC Family. Archived from the original on October 25, 2014.
- "Exclusive Q&A with Bunheads' Julia Goldani Telles". ABC Family. Archived from the original on June 22, 2012.
- Fuhrer, Margaret (May 2012). "Ballet in Your Living Room". Pointe. Archived from the original on July 28, 2012. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Martin, Denise (February 25, 2013). "Bunheads' Julia Goldani Telles Does Teen Turmoil En Pointe". Vulture. New York. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- "BunheadsBLOG Exclusive Q&A with Julia Goldani Telles". BunheadsBLOG. June 26, 2012. Archived from the original on October 19, 2014. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Nat & Alex Wolff - Greatest Prize (Official Music Video). February 14, 2012. Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- Gilman, Hannah (October 10, 2014). "Julia Goldani Telles, The Affair Interview". Teen Vogue. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Julia Goldani Telles.|
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|