|Other names||Juliet Ehimuan-Chiazor|
Juliet Ehimuan is a Nigerian technology expert and entrepreneur who currently serves as Google's Country Manager in Nigeria. In August 2011, she was listed in Forbes ' "20 Youngest Power Women In Africa".
Early life and education
Born in Nigeria, Ehimuan completed her B.Eng. degree in Computer Engineering from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, with a first-class honours. She proceeded to obtain a postgraduate degree in Computer Science from the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom before she went on to complete her MBA programme from London Business School.
In 1995, Ehimuan began career as Performance Monitoring and Quality Assurance Supervisor at the Shell Petroleum Development Company until 1997 when she left the firm. She then joined Microsoft UK as a Program Manager who oversaw projects for MSN subsidiaries in Europe, Middle East, and Africa; and then Business Process Manager for MSN International.
Upon leaving Microsoft in 2005, she started a firm called Strategic Insight Consulting Ltd. and then later became the General Manager of Chams Plc's Strategic Business Units. In April 2011, she was appointed Google’s Country Manager for Nigeria.
Awards and recognitions
A Fellow of the Cambridge Commonwealth Society, Ehimuan's contributions to technology and entrepreneurship has won her several awards and recognitions. She is a recipient of the London Business School Global Women’s Scholarship, and while at the University of Cambridge, she received two scholarly awards – Selwyn College Scholar and Malaysian Commonwealth Scholar. In 2012, she won the "IT Personality of the Year" at the 2012 National Information Technology Merit Award.
- Okunola, Folarin (12 February 2016). "Pulse List: 5 tips for success from Google Nigeria country manager, Juliet Ehimuan-Chiazor". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Nsehe, Mfonobong (18 August 2011). "The 20 Youngest Power Women In Africa". Forbes. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Nosike, Moses (13 April 2011). "Google Nigeria appoints new Country Manager". Vanguard News. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "#PROFILE: MEET JULIET EHIMUAN-CHIAZOR, THE VERY HUMBLE GOOGLE COUNTRY MANAGER IN NIGERIA". Women of Rubies. 7 July 2016. Archived from the original on 13 October 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Bakare, Tonye (2 July 2016). "Juliet Ehimuan-Chiazor: Profile of a humble achiever". The Guardian. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Meteoric: Juliet Ehimuan". IT Telecom Digest. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Juliet Ehimuan Chiazor wins 2012 IT Personality of the Year Award". Nigeria Computers. 20 December 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2016.