Conferences of the United Methodist Church
(Redirected from Jurisdictional Conferences of the United Methodist Church)Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are several kinds of conferences of the United Methodist Church:
- General Conference is the highest deliberative body for the United Methodist Church.
- Jurisdictional Conferences in the U.S.; and
- Central Conferences outside the U.S. elect and assign bishops in their region and comprise
- Annual Conferences, the basic organizational unit in the denomination.
- District Conference, Annual conferences are further divided into districts, each served by a district superintendent.
- Charge Conference, a charge is one or more churches served by a minister under appointment by the bishop.
- Context for Jurisdictions versus Conferences 
|This Methodism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|