Just a Stranger
|Just a Stranger|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jason Paul Laxamana|
|Produced by||Valerie Salvador-del Rosario|
Vicente del Rosario III
Veronique del Rosario-Corpus
Vic R. Del Rosario Jr.
|Music by||Paulo Protacio|
|Edited by||Mai Calapardo|
|Distributed by||Viva Films|
|Box office||₱100 million|
Just a Stranger is a 2019 Filipino erotic romantic drama film by Viva Films written and directed by Jason Paul Laxamana, starring Anne Curtis and Marco Gumabao. It was filmed in Lisbon, Portugal and it was released in the Philippines on August 21, 2019.
A story of a woman and a man, half of her age being in love with each other despite the fact that they are both tied with someone else.
Anne Curtis received backlash from netizens after posting the movie poster on Instagram last August 20, a day before the premiere of the film. The poster featured a daring image of Curtis and Gumabao. People began commenting how inappropriate it was for a married lady and that she should no longer accept such sexy roles. Her husband, Erwan Heussaff, came to the actress' defense, saying that there is "no need to throw around words like disrespect or dictate what a person should or shouldn’t do after getting married.” He added that the "hilarious comments" are sexist. "If this was a married guy actor doing love scenes, no one would have any issue with it,” he said.
- Jan 7, Lucy San Miguel; 2019. "Anne Curtis Will Star As 'Mae' In Upcoming Film 'Just A Stranger'". COSMO.PH. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- PEP.ph (2019-01-30). "Anne Curtis, balik-other woman sa Just A Stranger". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Who is Mae? Anne Curtis reveals first movie project for 2019". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2019-08-11.
- Sallan, Edwin. "REVIEW: Anne Curtis, Marco Gumabao sizzle in Just a Stranger". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- Malasig, Jeline (2019-08-21). "Erwan Heussaff responds to negative comments on Anne Curtis' daring movie". Interaksyon. Retrieved 2019-09-02.