||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
|Evangeline Rose Eigenmann y Gil|
|Born||Evangeline Rose Gil Eigenmann
12 May 1963
Evangeline Rose Eigenmann y Gil (born 12 May 1963) or Cherie Gil is a Filipino actress of Kapampangan, Spanish and Swiss German descent. She is known professionally as Cherie Gil She is one of the antagonists actress in decade years. In TV series and films.
Cherie Gil is the daughter of Filipino actors Eddie Mesa and Rosemarie Gil, and sister of Michael de Mesa and the late Mark Gil. She was formerly married to Rony Rogoff, an internationally renowned violinist; the couple had two children, Bianca and Raphael. She also has another child, Jay. She is the aunt of actors Ryan, Geoff, Andi and Gabby Eigenmann, and Sid Lucero (Tim Eigenmann).
She appeared on a number of hit teleseryes and primetime series in ABS-CBN. Currently she is seen in the Philippine Educational Theater Association's (PETA) Arbol de Fuego, an adaptation of Anton Chekov's The Cherry Orchard. Her most recent projects are in Katorse, a remake of a film starring Dina Bonevie and a remake of the 1983 film Pieta wherein she played Amanda which was originally portrayed by her mentor the late Charito Solis.
She may be best known as Lavinia Arquelles in Bituing Walang Ningning. In 2010 she was picked up to star in the fantasy series Grazilda for GMA Network. In early 2011, she was picked up to join the cast of the comedy fantasy series, Magic Palayok co starred by Carla Abellana, and Geoff Eigenmann. The series did not picked up for second season after the season 1 finale which is composed of 88 episodes. The GMA Network picked her to another television pilot Time of My Life
|1999||May Bukas Pa||Divina Miguel||IBC|
|2001||Sa Puso Ko Iingatan Ka||Star/Nena||ABS-CBN|
|2006||Now and Forever: Dangal||Chandra||GMA Network|
|Gulong ng Palad||Philomena "Menang" Medel||ABS-CBN|
|2007||Sineserye Presents: May Minamahal||Becky Tagle|
|Mars Ravelo's Lastikman||Ayessa White/Frosta|
|2008||Carlo J. Caparas' Pieta||Amanda Tupaz|
|2009||Maalaala Mo Kaya: Wheelchair||Romana|
|Katorse||Donya Margarita Arcangel|
|2010||Rubi||Sylvana Velasco-Dela Fuente|
|2011||Magic Palayok||Yvonne Ledesma|
|Family Feud: Countdown Edition||Herself/Contestant|
|Time Of My Life||Martha Lorico|
|Protégé: The Battle For The Big Artista Break||Herself/Judge|
|Temptation Of Wife||Stella Salcedo|
|2013||Muling Buksan Ang Puso||Marietta Beltran||ABS-CBN|
|2014||Ikaw Lamang||Señora Miranda Salazar-Hidalgo†|
|Wansapanataym: My App #Boyfie||Stella Tuason|
|It's Showtime||Herself Special Guest Hurado for Showtime's Magpasikat 5th Anniversary|
|Bubble Gang 19||Herself/Antonietta's Enemy||GMA Network|
|2015||The Half Sisters||Magnolia McBride†|
|Magpakailanman: Ina Ko, Bugaw Ko||Magda|
|1970||Mo neuih||Bruka||Emperor Film International||Credited as "Sherrie Gil"|
|1980||Gabi Ng Lagim Ngayon||La Luna||Premiere Productions|
|Manila By Night||Kano||Regal Films|
|Puga||CG Films International|
|Deadly Brothers||CG Films International|
|1982||Oro, Plata, Mata||Trining Ojeda||Experimental Cinema of the Philippines|
|Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan|
|1983||M.I.B.:Men in Brief||Diana|
|1984||Sa Hirap At Ginhawa||Karen||Viva Films|
|1985||Bagets 2||Marinel||Credited as "Cherrie Gil"|
|Bituing Walang Ningning||Lavinia Arguelles|
|1986||Palimos ng Pag-ibig||Verna|
|Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas||Monique|
|Ang Bukas Ay Akin||Miriam||Seiko Films|
|Ang Babaeng Nawawala Sa Sarili||Oliva||VIVA Films|
|1990||Nagsimula Sa Puso||Charie||Vision Films||Credited as "Cherrie Gil"|
|1992||Ngayon At Kailanman||Donna Benitez||VIVA Films|
|Darna: Ang Pagbabalik||Valentine||VIVA Films|
|2000||Ika-13 Kapitulo||Marge||VIVA Films|
|2003||My First Romance||Jackie's mother||Star Cinema|
|2004||Lastikman: Unang Banat||Lastika||VIVA Films|
|2009||Agaton & Mindy||Tanya||APT Entertainment|
|2010||Working Girls||Amanda Dela Vega||VIVA Films
|Father Jejemon||RVQ Productions Inc.|
|2012||Sossy Problems||Martina Bertrand||GMA Films|
|2013||A Moment In Time||Karen Linden||Star Cinema|
|Ang Huling Henya||Chief Gabriel||Viva Films
|2015||My Bebe Love||Alona||GMA Films
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award Giving Body||Category||Work||Result|
|1985||Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Supporting Actress||God... Save Me!||Won|
|2006||20th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actress for||Gulong ng Palad||Nominated|
|2014||62nd FAMAS Awards||Best Supporting Actress for||A Moment in Time||Nominated|
|28th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Supporting Actress for||Muling Buksan Ang Puso||Nominated|
- Staff (8 December 2010). "Casino Femme "The Empowered Run" gitakda". philstar.com. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- Sibonga, Glen P. (24 October 2008). "Cherie Gil handling her separation from husband Roni Rogoff with grace". Celeb life/Couples. The Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 10 August 2009.
- Cherie Gil at the Internet Movie Database
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:1985", imdb.com; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:1989", imdb.com; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:2000", imdb.com; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "Tomorrow is Always a Day Away", Manila Standard; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "Truth and beauty in ‘Master Class’", showbizandstyle.inquirer.net; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "Underrated and under-utilized actors we should see more often", inquirer.net; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "After you Cherie!", newsflash.org; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "Studio whispers: Cherie, Dawn get husbands' nod to return to showbiz" - Philippine Headline News, newsflash.org; accessed 4 September 2014.
- "Nescafé Gold Spot Awards: Seeking the top culinary destinations" - Philippine Star
- "Cherie Gil goes onstage via Doubt", SunStar.com; accessed 4 September 2014.