In 2005, he wrote and directed a musical adaptation of the "Red Riding Hood" which won the art-direction award at the Festival du Film de Paris. Parandi is also known for having directed a series of confidential movies presenting a futuristic Dubai for the biotechnology park DuBiotech. In 2009 he was signed by William Morris Endeavor before joining United Talent Agency in 2013. Since 2015, Parandi has been managed by Gary Ungar at Exile Entertainment.
Parandi ran Sudler and Hennessey's New York City multimedia marketing team under the supervision of Kathryn Burgos. By June 2009, it was announced that controversial activist and notorious French filmmaker Mathieu Kassovitz known for his critical portrayal of France's historical figures would co-direct with Parandi a motion picture based on Parandi's concept books. From early 2011 to late 2013 Parandi was mentored by independent producers Hisami Kuroiwa and Ben Barenholtz.
By 2012, Parandi wrote and directed the original pilot for "From The Future With Love" among drafting three season and a pilot for the series Republic. It is a series in which society’s police is privately owned and only provide protection if you’ve paid for it. Ultimately the pilot was selected by the Art Directors Club of New York and was broadcast on March 14, 2016 at a TED event in Brussels. TED "Deep future" initiated a public discussion on the future of law enforcement. Subsequent to Legendary Entertainment unsuccessful attempt in acquiring the film rights, HBO hired Parandi to co-write a pilot for Director Timothy Van Patten among a team of writers. Later on, Parandi collaborated with the international division of 20th Century Fox to script-doctor and redraft movies for Hong Kong director Dante Lam (2013) and Turkish filmmaker Tolga Örnek (2014).
Following Nasdaq Newswire's report of September 7, 2016 that Interplay Entertainment is selling their library of intellectual properties to shift focus on Motion Pictures and Long form series, Interplay hired Parandi to run its creative division.
- 1999 : Best Architectural project, awarded by "Toit Angevin" & Architect-log and the Mayor of Angers, Jean-Claude Antonini.
- 1999 : Best screenplay, at Angers European film festival.
- 2000 : Best screenplay, at Angers European film festival.
- 2005 : Best storyboard, Paris film festival, Sopadin 2005. Jury presided by Jean Giraud, (Moebus).
- 2013 : io9 Nominated as one of the "Best Science Fiction and Fantasy author of 2013".
- [http://majorspoilers.com/2013/09/16/video-future-love [http://majorspoilers.com/2013/09/16/video-future-love
- Official site
- IMDB Kay Michel Parandi