K. N. Ganeshaiah
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kotiganahalli Kolar District, Karnataka, India
|Occupation||Writer, Novelist, Professor, agricultural scientist|
K.N. Ganeshaiah is an agricultural scientist and a retired professor of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore. He is also a novelist specializing in thrillers, and writes in the Kannada language.
Ganeshaiah is a prolific scientific author. He has
- published 157 scientific papers
- edited 11 books
- authored 19 distinct works of literature
- contributed 38 chapters to other books
- published 14 papers in various meeting proceedings
- prepared 11 reference CDs
- authored 13 popular articles
Ganeshaiah has also contributed to the literature of the Kannada language. He has published many novels and story collections, as well has having 12 of his short stories published in various magazines.
- Kanaka Musaku
- Elu rottigalu (2011)
- Mooka dhatu (2012)
- Shilakula valase (2014)
- "Ballikaala belli" (2017)
Collection of Short/Long Stories:
- Sigeeria (2011)
- Kaldavasi (2013)
- Mihirakula (2015)
- Perini Tandava (2016)
Collection of Articles
- Bhinna-bimba (2015)
- Bhinnota (2016)
- "V-charana" (2017)
Other events contributed
- Four of the short stories are staged as dramas
- One 25 episode TV serial Kaala Garbha on Archeology and history.
- Authored several articles in Kannada on Science and history
In total, Ganeshaiah has around 326 publications to his credit.
- Ph.D. University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India, 1983
- M.Sc. (Agriculture: Genetics & Plant Breeding), University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India, 1979
- B.Sc (Agriculture), University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India, 1976.
Honors and awards
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, India (1991)
- Fellow Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi (1997)
- Honorary Senior Fellow, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
- Parisara Prashasthi, (Karnataka State Environment Award) from the Department of Forest Ecology and Environment, Govt of Karnataka, India.
- Fulbright Fellow (1991).
- Radio, Hope and Awareness Media Award from International Radio Forum – Iran (2010)
- Vocational Excellence Award by Rotary Club of Bangalore Yelahanka, (2008)
- Senior Fellow Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and Environment, Bangalore, India.
- Fellow National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi. (2004)
- Fellow Current Science Association, Bangalore.
- Karnataka Sahitya Academy Datti Award 2008 for the Kannada novel (Kanakamusuku).
- Ganeshaiah is also a Trustee and Member of the Executive Board of ATREE.org.
- Article on the Books in Kannada
- Article on Dr. Ganeshaiah
- Article on the book Karisiryana
- Article on the contribution of Dr.K.N Ganeshiah in setting up the Butterfly park
- Article on the new book release by Dr. K.N Ganeshiah
- Ganeshaiah in TEDX speec
- Articles by Dr. K.N. Ganeshiah on current science magazine from 1980 onwards
- Indian Biresource Information Network (IBIN)
- ಜಾತಿ ಚರ್ಚೆಗೆ ದಕ್ಕಿದ ಡಿಎನ್ನೆಯ ಕೀಲೆಣ್ಣೆ
- ಚಿಂತನೆಗಳ ವೈರುಧ್ಯ ಮತ್ತು ನಾಳೆಯ ಜರಡಿ
- ಕೆ. ಎನ್. ಗಣೇಶಯ್ಯ: ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿ ಪರಿಚಯ ಹಾಗೂ ಪುಸ್ತಕ ವಿವರಗಳು
- Symposium on Ecology and Culture - K N Ganeshaiah a facilitation event
- TEDxPilani - Dr Ganeshaiah - 3/13/10 
- Superannuation