|Frequency||KVVL: 97.1 MHz (FM)
KNIM: 1580 kHz (AM)
|First air date||KVVL: 1972
|Format||KVVL: Classic rock
|Power||KNIM: 480 watts day/10 watts night|
|ERP||KVVL: 21,500 watts|
|HAAT||KVVL: 107.9 meters|
|Facility ID||KVVL: 48974
|Callsign meaning||KVVL: VilL
KNIM: Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri
|Owner||Nodaway Broadcasting Corporation|
In October 2010 it changed its FM name to KVVL reflecting its branding as the Ville. The AM station remains the same and the two stations broadcast under the same ownership from the same building on the south side of Maryville.
The AM station went on the air on April 8, 1953 and was owned by the Maryville Radio and Television Corporation. It still operates out of the modified house where it was founded on Business 71 on the south edge of town. It was a 250 watt station broadcasting only during daylight until 1972 when the FM station opened. It was Maryville's only broadcast station until KXCV at Northwest Missouri State University opened in 1971.
It is now owned by the Nodaway Broadcasting Corporation.
The AM is still on its original 1580 location and is the country station while the FM is called "The Vill" and plays classic rock on 97.1.
- "Formal Opening - Maryville's New Radio Station", Maryville Daily Forum, April 17, 1953
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KVVL
- Radio-Locator information on KVVL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KVVL
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KNIM
- Radio-Locator Information on KNIM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KNIM
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|