This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kailash (K.C.) Vasudeva is an Indian born businessman who has been an entrepreneur since arriving in Canada. He has design and utility patents.
Starting out in Canada
Born to mother, Kaushalya Devi Vasudeva, and father, Uttam Chand Vasudeva, on 6 October 1945, Kailash Chander Vasudeva was one of the first Indian industrialists in Canada. He graduated from the Indo Swiss Training Center in Chandigarh, India, and worked as an engineer in the Mahle Piston division at Escorts.
Vasudeva immigrated to Canada in September 1971 and gained experience in various industries. He started Maxi-Flow from his garage, and built it into a $100 million group of six automotive manufacturing plants. He also founded Mastercut Industries Inc, now known as Maxtech Consumer Products, whose specialty is designing and manufacturing hand tools and power tool accessories sold in Canada, the United States, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Germany. Some customers of Maxtech Consumer Products Limited include, The Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Costco, and Home Hardware.
Vasudeva has been a board member for the Automotive Parts Manufacturers' Association since 2001. Vasudeva spoke at APMA’s "Racing Down the Road – India’s Auto Sector" seminar in 2007. He was appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council of Ontario, along with James Balsillie, Co-CEO of Research in Motion and Justice Roger E. Salhany of the Ontario Court, to serve as a member of the Board of Governors at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario in 1996. He was a member of the board of governors at Conestoga College in Kitchener, Ontario; and served on the Board of the Economic Development Corporation, as well.
In January 2009, along with nineteen other CEOs, Vasudeva was a part of the Roundtable Pre-Budget Consultations to the Finance Minister, Jim Flaherty.
Vasudeva was one of the finalists for Ernst & Young Ontario Entrepreneur of the Year in 1999. He was named Outstanding Business Leader in 1998 by Wilfrid Laurier University. He was also named Businessman of the Year by the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) in 1997, and was one of the Top 100 Entrepreneurs in Ontario in 1995 and 1996 by the Ontario Business Report.
Served on the Board of Economic Development Centre RWAM Insurance Trustee Board of Director for the Automotive Parts and Manufacturers' Association Outstanding Ontario BHusiness Leader in 1998, by Wilfrid Laurier University Businessman of the year by the [ICCC] in 1997 Former member of the Board of Governors at Wilfrid Laurier University Former member of the Board of Governors at Conestoga College in Kitchener
Vasudeva was quoted in local media.
Vasudeva says he has 70 patents and an eleven patents pending. He funded the down-payment for the property now being used as the local Hindu Temple in Kitchener. Kacee was also recognized by the Hindu Sabha for achievement in the business sector and his dedicated service to the South Asian community in 1996. Max's Golf Centre in Waterloo, is a family-oriented sports facility owned by his wife.
On 11 June 2011, Vasudeva made a presentation to Lieutenant-General P.J. Devlin about, "Giving Back to our Heroes" about how to involve ex-service men and woman in the business world. His goal was to build a greater familiarization with the Canadian Embassy and the people returning from combat overseas.
- Maxtech Consumer Products Website, http://www.maxtechconsumers.com
- Automotive Parts Manufacturers' Association, Board of Directors. Viewed 11 February 2011 http://www.apma.ca/overview/board
- Team Canada 1997: taking on the world. Taken from Canadian Business, 1 March 1997 (Canadian business mission to the Asia Pacific)http://business.highbeam.com/5274/article-1G1-19345003/team-canada-1997-taking-world
- Ontario Teachers’ CEO named Laurier’s Outstanding Business Leader, http://www.wlu.ca/news_detail.php?grp_id=28&nws_id=155&filter_type=release
- Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce Annual Magazine, KC Vasudeva honoured as Business Person of the Year in 1997. http://www.iccc.org/Website/ICCC/Website.nsf/WebPage/AnnualMagazines?OpenDocument&ppos=6&spos=5&tpos=0&rsn=y&Language=EN
- The Record article, "'Simple-minded' Entrepreneur shares advice" http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/therecord/access/498450771.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Jan+21%2C+1998&author=Ron+DeRuyter&pub=The+Record&edition=&startpage=D.12&desc=%27Simple-minded%27+entrepreneur+shares+advice
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kacee Vasudeva.|