Kachemak Bay Campus
Kachemak Bay Campus (KBC) is a campus of Kenai Peninsula College, which is a unit of the University of Alaska Anchorage. Located in Homer, KBC has a student population of about 500. The college was formerly divided into two campuses, referred to as east and west campuses respectively. The college had proposed purchasing Homer's city hall, which is adjacent to the east campus, in order to consolidate their facilities, but this would have been part of a larger project to build a new city hall and a town square in Homer, and the plan was rejected by voters. The college eventually decided to build an entirely new facility on the existing campus property. The new facility, known as Bayview Hall opened after spring break in 2011. The hall is 7,000 square feet (650 m2) and cost 2.5 million dollars to construct. It contains new classrooms, faculty offices, and a multi purpose "learning center." 
- Kenai Peninsula College - University of Alaska Anchorage
- Homer News story on proposed purchase of city hall.
- Story on failure of town square project
- KBC breaks ground on new college addition Michael Armstrong, Homer News, 2010
- After spring break, staff, students settle into new building at KBC Michael Armstrong, Homer News, 3/23/11
|This article about or related to a university or college in Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|