September 2007 (incorporated), 2014 (large business)
Number of employees
Kairosoft (カイロソフト - Kairo sofuto) is a Japanese video game developer located in Tokyo, Japan that has created a number of simulation games for cell phones and PCs. Founded in 1996, the company has developed a number of mobile games for the Japanese market and has found great success in porting them to the modern iOS and Android operating systems. The company was ranked 30th in Pocket Gamer's "top 50 developers of 2012" list.
Kairosoft was founded as a dōjin games developer in 1996, and is currently located in the Nishi-Shinjuku district of Tokyo with only nine employees. They started out developing simulation games for the Windows platform, the first of which was released in 1996 and simulated a used bookstore, and another example was the original Game Dev Story released in 1997, with a sequel released in 2001. In 2001, Kairosoft switched to developing mobile simulation games for the Japanese cell phone market, which was much more developed than America's. The company was incorporated in September 2007, and launched a new website on November 4, 2008.
With the release of Game Dev Story for iOS and Android in 2010, Kairosoft found itself a large hit, which reached the top ten in iPhone app sales in its first week. Kairosoft continued to port over games that it had previously developed for other platforms. Pocket Gamer ranked Kairosoft 30th on its "top 50 developers of 2012" list, calling Kairosoft games a "genre in their own right" but noting that they still were mostly a niche in the market. Now they are releasing a port of World Cruise Story for the Windows 10 platform.
List of Kairosoft's English games for WildTangent
|Name||WildTangent release date||Latest update|
|Anime Studio Story||June 7, 2015 ||August 15, 2016 (1.19)|
|Beastie Bay||April 10, 2013||June 10, 2016 (3.12)|
|Biz Builder Delux||May 16, 2016||Not yet updated|
|Bonbon Cakery||August 23, 2016||Not yet updated|
|Legends of Heropolis||Christmas 2016||N/A|
|Dungeon Village||August 15, 2013||June 30, 2016 (2.31)|
|The Manga Works||Thanksgiving 2016||Not yet updated|
|Skyforce Unite!||June 17, 2016||Not yet updated|
|Mega Mall Story||April 10, 2012||October 1, 2016 (4.15)|
|Magazine Mogul||August 15, 2015||June 17, 2016 (1.27)|
|Kairobotica||April 16, 2013||June 7, 2015 (2.51)|
|Game Dev Story||June 10, 2011||October 2, 2016 (5.83)|
List of mobile games available in English
- 8-Bit Farm
- Anime Studio Story
- Beastie Bay
- Biz Builder Delux
- Bonbon Cakery
- Cafeteria Nipponica
- Dream House Days
- Dungeon Village
- Epic Astro Story
- Fish Pond Park
- Game Dev Story
- Grand Prix Story
- Grand Prix Story 2
- High Sea Saga
- Home Run High
- Hot Springs Story
- Legends of Heropolis
- Magazine Mogul
- March to a Million
- Mega Mall Story
- Ninja Village
- Oh! Edo Towns
- Pocket Academy
- Pocket Arcade Story
- Pocket Clothier
- Pocket Harvest
- Pocket League Story
- Pocket League Story 2
- Pocket Stables
- Pool Slide Story
- Shiny Ski Resort
- Skyforce Unite!
- Station Manager
- Tennis Club Story
- The Manga Works
- The Pyraplex
- The Ramen Sensei
- The Ramen Sensei 2
- The Sushi Spinnery
- Venture Towns
- Wild Park Manager
- World Cruise Story
List of computer games available in English
This section does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Game Name||Operating System|
|Blue Sky Squadron||Windows 10|
|Cafeteria Nipponica||Windows 8|
|Departure!! Shipping Freighter||Windows 10|
|Dragging Cat Rebel||Windows 8|
|Excitement! Manga Dojo||Windows 8|
|Game Center Club||Windows 10|
|Manga Path||Windows 8/10|
|Mega Mall Story||Windows 7/10|
|Million March||Windows 7|
|Munch Munch Kairo-kun||Not defined|
|Outdoor Excavation Company||Windows Vista/7/8|
|Piko Piko! Game Expo||Windows 10|
|Prestigious Pocket Academy 1 & 2||Windows 7|
|Royal Gallery Academy||Windows Vista|
|World Cruise Story||Windows 10|
List of untranslated games
- Departure!! Shipping Freighter (Keitai only)
- Dragging Cat Rebel
- Excitement! Manga Dojo (iOS and Keitai only)
- Friends Entertainment Building
- Game Center Club
- Good Ramen Museum ~National Hen~
- Manga Path
- Million March (Keitai only)
- Munch Munch Kairo-kun
- Outdoor Excavation Company (Keitai only)
- Piko Piko! Game Expo (Keitai only)
- Prestigious Pocket Academy 1 (Android and Keitai only)
- Royal Gallery Academy (Keitai only)
- Social Game Dev Dream (Android and Keitai only)
- Start!! Hero Base
- Wai Wai! Game Dealer (iOS and Keitai only)
- Witch Quest
- Bookstore Story
- Game Developing Countries
- Game Developing Countries II DX
- The Narrow Path to Manga
- The Secondhand-book Store
- The Secondhand-book Store 2
- Brown, Mark (August 5, 2011). "Kairosoft: Game Dev Story's game dev story". Wired. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Jordan, Jon (February 26, 2012). "The PocketGamer.biz top 50 developers of 2012: 30 to 21". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Lada, Jenni (June 1, 2012). "Important Importables: Kairosoft". Technology Tell. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Nicholson, Brad (November 30, 2010). "'Game Dev Story 2' Coming To iOS, But Not 'Soon'". Touch Arcade. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Cowan, Danny (October 19, 2010). "Top-Grossing iTunes Apps: Cartoon Wars 2, Game Dev Story Enter Charts". Gamasutra. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Ronson, Mark. "Kairosoft Finally Banging Off Anime Studio Story As #1 on the WildTangent Market!". WildTangent. Retrieved June 26, 2016.
- Germanotta, Stefani. "Kairosoft Mega Mall Story Game Appears With Banner For The First Time on WildTangent!". TechRadar. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- Landis, Dave. "The Next Venture of Kairosoft on WildTangent Appears in Asia!". GregToDiffer. Retrieved June 7, 2013.
- "Magazine Mogul - Android Apps on Google Play".
- Jonathan (November 7, 2013). "Pocket Harvest Walkthrough Guide for Beginners". Retrieved November 7, 2013.