Kakatiya Mega Textile Park
|కాకతీయ మెగా టెక్స్టైల్ పార్కు|
|Owner||Government of Telangana|
Kakatiya Mega Textile Park (Warangal Textile Park) is a proposed textile park to come up in Warangal Rural district, Telangana. The proposed 'cotton-to-garment' park will be set up in an area of 2,000 – 3,000 acres, with a vision to have a “fibre to fabric (end-to-end)” facility.
The biggest textile Park in India, foundation stone laid on 22 October 2017 at Shyamapet in Gesugonda mandal of Warangal Rural district, Telangana by the Chief Minister of Telangana, Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao.
The Kakatiya Mega Textile Park (KMTP) is located at Shayampet Village of Geesukonda Mandal and Chintalapalli Village of Sangem Mandal. The Kakatiya Mega Textile Park shall offer industrial space for Textile and Apparel Industry with state-of-art manufacturing facilities and integrated common infrastructure. The Park is being developed on a vertically integrated model to cover complete Textiles value chain.
Along with the 22 firms that signed MOU's with the Telangana government for Rs.3900 crore investments in the textile park, Tiruvuru Exporters Association (TEA) has also proposed to set up 10 units in the park. It has a potential to create 75,000 direct employment and 25,000 indirect employment.
The basic concept of the Park is to offer complete manufacturing eco-system for Textiles and Apparel Industry within its premises. The 1190 acres of land is being developed and implemented in a phased manner to provide world class infrastructure facilities to enhance productivity and increase efficiencies of Textile Industry.
The total project cost is envisaged at Rs. 1075 Cr and the development of the mega textile park is proposed in phases based on demand and requirement from the textile/apparel industry.
The investments in the Textile Park is estimated to be more than Rs. 9,000 crores including cost of infrastructure and common facilities, factory buildings, plant and machinery and other social infrastructure.
The KMTP would facilitate production of quality products across the Textile value chain ranging from spinning, weaving, knitting, processing and readymade garments/ made-ups. The total value addition potential of the KMTP is Rs. 7,000 crores per annum.
With an envisaged employment of over 1.0 lakh persons, the project is expected to substantially enhance the livelihood and income generating activities in the district as well as the state.
The development of KMTP would contribute immensely to poverty alleviation, boost employment opportunities, and would help in bringing back weavers who migrated to other states in search of livelihood.
- "Most Viewed Business News Articles, Top News Articles". The Economic Times. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Telangana CM lays foundation stone for mega textile park". Business Standard. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Integrated Textile Park in Warangal: Telangana State". TSO. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- Revathy, L.N. (17 February 2017). "Telangana woos investors to Warangal textile park". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "Green nod for Mega Textile Park in Warangal". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "TEA may set up 10 units in proposed Warangal textile park". Business Standard. 16 February 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "22 firms sign MOU's for investment in Kakatiya Mega Textile Park". retail.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- Maitreyi, M.L. Melly. "Green nod for Mega Textile Park in Warangal - The Hindu". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017.