Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences
|Type||Private business school|
|Established||1995 in the course of changes to the Swiss higher education system (predecessor founded 1975) |
|Location||Zurich, Bern, St. Gallen, Basel, CH |
The Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences is one of eight federally recognized Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences. It currently comprises the following Departments:
- Department of Business and Management
- Department of Health
- Department of Music
- Department of Law - Kalaidos Law School
The Kalaidos UAS is one of the two Swiss UAS organized according to private law. As such, it does not receive federal or cantonal subsidies, but is also less constrained by bureaucratic rules and regulations.
Department of Business and Management
The Department of Business and Management focuses on current and practice-oriented knowledge and learning is not confined to the classroom. The school offers undergraduate programs in Business Administration and Business Information Systems, master's degree programs with different areas of specialization such as Master of Advanced Studies (MAS) executive master's courses (EMBA), as well as a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program from the University of Gloucestershire. Guided self-study courses are combined with classroom teaching.
Department of Health
The WE'G University of Health was founded in 2006 as part of the Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences and has established itself by the end of 2011 with about 400 students in bachelor's and master's degree programs. Since January 2012, it is located in the Health-Center Zurich on the Careum campus and the school is since named Kalaidos Department of Health.
Department of Music
The Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences is the only recognized private multi-disciplinary University of Applied Sciences in Switzerland. Since 2010 it has been offering advanced study courses in music education. Its professional mandate embraces a Bachelor of Arts curriculum in Classical Music and also in Jazz & Popular Music, administered by the Foundation of the Swiss Academy for Music & Music Education.
Department of Law - Kalaidos Law School
The Kalaidos Law School of the Kalaidos University of Applied Science was founded on 1. July 2017 and started in November 2017 with the first students in its Bachelor of Law program. This Institute of Tax Law was founded in 2007 and was run at the department of economics at Kalaidos University of Applied Science. Since July 2017 it is affiliated with the newly founded Kalaidos Law School. The Institute of Tax Law is running Master of Advanced Studies and Master of Business Administration programs with the focus on tax law, value added tax and customs law.
- "Kalaidos University of Applied Sciences". http://www.universitieshandbook.com. External link in
- "Rapport annuel". https://www.yumpu.com. 2008. External link in
- "Switzerland's Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS)". http://www.sbfi.admin.ch. External link in
- Official website
- Website of the Kalaidos Swiss Education Group, the UAS parent corporation
- The Swiss government's official list of recognized Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences
- "Members" (in German, French, Italian, and English). Berne, Switzerland: swissuniversities. 2016. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- "Recognised or Accredited Swiss Higher Education Institutions" (in German, French, Italian, and English). Berne, Switzerland: swissuniversities. 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-19.