||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kamal Patel has been associated with Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad, a student Union affiliated with Bharatiya Janata Party, from student life. He was president of BJP Yuva Morcha Hoshangabad. He is state general secretary of BJP Yuva Morcha. The main achievements of his political career are as under:
- 1989 – He became member of Madhya Pradesh BJP state executive committee.
- 1993 – First time elected MLA from Harda constituency.
- 1998 – Second time elected MLA from Harda constituency.
- 2003 – Third time elected MLA from Harda constituency.
- 2005 – Kamal Patel was made state minister (independent charge) of Medical Education, Technical Education and Training with effect from 1 June 2005 in Babulal Gaur government. Later he was promoted to rank of cabinet minister and given the charge of revenue, religious trust and endowment, and rehabilitation departments in the government of Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- 2008 - fourth time elected MLA from Harda constituency.