|Kamchy Asanbekovich Kolbayev|
|Born||August 3, 1974|
|Other names||Kamchibek Kolbaev, Kamchi Kolbayev, Kamchibek Kolbayev, Kamchi Bishkekskiy, Kolya Bishkekskiy, Kolya-Kyrgz|
|Known for||Organized crime|
Kamchy Asanbekovich Kolbayev is an alleged crime boss in Kyrgyzstan. Crimes he has been linked to include murder, drug trafficking, and extortion. The US State Department in 2007 said he was "considered to be the leader of the most influential criminal group in the country", and in 2012 US President Obama named Kolbayev "a significant foreign narcotics trafficker", operating as part of the so-called Brothers' Circle criminal society. He was subsequently added to the US Treasury's list of Specially Designated Nationals, preventing him from doing business in the US. The United States is seeking to dismantle ties to banking and finance that Kolbayev or his associates have constructed.
Living in Dubai and Moscow as of 2012, he may have fled Kyrgyzstan after the 2010 revolution. The new government, more hostile to organized crime, detained Kolbayev for a short period of time later releasing him without charge. This was not the first time Kyrgyz authorities have decided against branding Kolbayev a criminal; in 2007 a police investigation of his activities was ordered to cease by the then Minister of the Interior. Kolbayev may have spent time in a Kyrgyz prison earlier in his life, however.
- "Resource Center: Anti-Terrorism Designations; Transnational Criminal Organizations: Specially Designated Nationals List Update". US Department of the Treasury. 2012-02-23. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Marat, Erica (February 28, 2011). "Kyrgyz Government Attempts to Crack Down on Organized Crime". Eurasia Daily Monitor Volume: 8 Issue: 40. The Jamestown Foundation. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- US Department of State (2008). Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2007. Government Printing Office. p. 2248.
- "Treasury Imposes Sanctions On Key Members Of The Yakuza And Brothers’ Circle Criminal Organizations". US Department of the Treasury. 2012-02-23. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- "Reward for Information on Kamchybek Kolbayev's Criminal Network". Office of the Spokesman. US State Department. May 29, 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Kyrgyz mafia boss detained in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates". 24 Press Club. 24.kg. 2011-07-21. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Marat, Eric (May 2008). "POLICE FACED WITH NEW KYRGYZ "THIEF IN LAW" AFTER A TWO-YEAR BREAK". Eurasia Daily Monitor. The Jamestown Foundation. 5 (98).
- "Director’s Weekly Brief, 17 October 2011". Center for Intelligence and Security Studies. The University of Mississippi. October 17, 2011. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- "KYRGYZ INTERIOR MINISTER APPOINTED SNB CHAIRMAN, COMMENTS ON CURRENT CRIME SITUATION". GUARDIANGATE. Retrieved June 27, 2012.