Kamuli General Hospital
|Kamuli General Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda|
Kamuli General Hospital, also Kamuli District Hospital or Kamuli Government Hospitalis a hospital in Kamuli, in Kamuli District, in the Eastern Region of Uganda. It is a public hospital, owned by the Ugandan Government and is administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health.
This hospital is located in the central business district of te town of Kamuli, approximately 64 kilometres (40 mi), by road, north of Jinja Regional Referral Hospital, the regional, public referral hospital. The coordinates of Kamuli General Hospital are: 0°56'50.0"N, 33°07'16.0"E (Latitude:0.947223; Longitude:33.121106).
Kamuli Hospital is a public hospital owned by the Uganda Government and administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health. Kamuli Hospital has a planned bed capacity of 100. However, many more patients are admitted with some sharing beds of sleeping on the floor. The hospital offers services in an environment of great challenges, including corruption, inadequate staffing, poor remuneration, insufficient medication and antiquated medical equipment.
- Mutaka, Moses (16 January 2013). "Kamuli locals reject fees at gov't hospital". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- GFC (6 May 2016). "Distance between Kamuli District Hospital, Kamuli, Eastern Region, Uganda and Jinja Referal(sic) Hospital, Rotary Road, Jinja, Eastern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Google (6 May 2016). "Location of Kamuli General Hospital" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Walukamba, Aldon (13 January 2014). "Kamuli Hospital Medics Accused of Extortion". Kampala: Uganda Radio Network. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Mugerwa, Yasiin (15 April 2016). "State House gives MPs hospitals rot evidence". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 6 May 2016.