||It has been requested that the title of this article be changed to Kanpur Nagar district. Please see the relevant discussion on the discussion page. Do not move the page until the discussion has reached consensus for the change and is closed.|
|Kanpur Nagar district
कानपुर नगर जनपद
کانپور نگر ضلع
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Kanpur Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Kanpur|
|• Assembly seats||Sishamau
|Major highways||NH 2|
Kanpur district (Kanpur Nagar district) is one of the districts of the Uttar Pradesh state of India. It is a part of Kanpur division and its district headquarters is Kanpur.The old name of kanpur was Kanakpur in age of Ramayana. Due to increase in population of Kanpur District, for proper administration it has been divided into two. The term Kanpur refers to the combination of Kanpur Nagar district and Kanpur Dehat district. This article explains Kanpur Nagar district.
Kanpur district was divided into two district namely Kanpur-nagar and Kanpur-Dehat in year 1977. Reunited again in year 1979. Again separated in year 1981.
- Kavi Bhushan an Indian poet in the courts of the Bundeli king Chhatrasal and the Maratha king Shivaji. Bhushan resided in the Tikwapur village in Ghatampur tehsil of Kanpur district , Uttar Pradesh.
- Chintamani Tripathi: Village Tikwanpur (Tikmapur), Kanpur
- Matiram: Village Tikwanpur (Tikmapur), Kanpur
According to the 2011 census Kanpur district has a population of 6,377,452,[not in citation given] roughly equal to the nation of Costa Rica or the US state of Louisiana. This gives it a ranking of 32nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,449 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,750/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 9.72%. Kanpur Nagar has a sex ratio of 852 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 81.31%.
|Rank||Metropolitan Area||Area (km sq.)||2011/2001 (Provisional figures)||Coverage|
|1||Kanpur||450||2,920,067||Includes Kanpur Cantonment and Chakeri|
|4||Northern Railway Colony||15||29,708|
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Costa Rica 4,576,562 July 2011 est
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 23 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kanpur district.|
||Kannauj district||Hardoi district|
|Kanpur Dehat district||Unnao district|
|Hamirpur district||Fatehpur district|
|This Kanpur district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|