|Kanpur Nagar district
कानपुर नगर जिला
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Kanpur Nagar district in Uttar Pradesh
|Tehsils||Kanpur Sadar,Bilhaur,Ghatampur ,Narval(proposed)|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Kanpur|
|• Assembly seats||Sishamau
|Major highways||NH 2|
Kanpur District (Kanpur Nagar District) is one of the districts of the Uttar Pradesh state of India. It is a part of Kanpur division and its district headquarters is Kanpur.The old name of kanpur was Kanakpur in age of Ramayana. Due to increase in population of Kanpur District, for proper administration it has been divided into two. The term Kanpur refers to the combination of Kanpur Nagar District and Kanpur Dehat District. This article explains Kanpur Nagar District.
Kanpur District was divided into two district namely Kanpur-nagar and Kanpur-Dehat in year 1977. Reunited again in year 1979. Again separated in year 1981.
- Kavi Bhushan:Village Tikwanpur(Tikmapur),Kanpur
- Chintamani Tripathi:Village Tikwanpur(Tikmapur),Kanpur
- Matiram:Village Tikwanpur(Tikmapur),Kanpur
These poets are brothers and son of Ratnakar Tripathi.
Cities and Towns
Important cities and towns of Kanpur Nagar are:
- North Kanpur - Bithoor, Mandhana, Kalyanpur,
- West Kanpur - Rawatpur, HBTI, IITK, Moti Jheel, Panki
- East Kanpur - Jajmau, Chakeri, rooma
- South Kanpur -Govind Nagar, Kidwai Nagar, Naubasta, Barra, Yashoda Nagar, Hanspuram, Shyam Nagar, Ghatampur, Jarauli, Damodar Nagar, Koyla Nagar, Tatya Tope Nagar
- Central Kanpur-Kanpur Downtown, Civil Lines, Kanpur Cantonment, Nawabganj, Kanpur, Generalganj, Swaroop Nagar, Anwarganj, Gumti No:5, Parade, Chaman Ganj, Kanpur, Becon Ganj, Iftikharabad, Colonelganj, Patkapur
- Kanpur Rural-Bilhaur, Shivrajpur, Chobepur, Bithoor, Bhitargaon,Ghatampur
According to the 2011 census Kanpur district has a population of 6,377,452, roughly equal to the nation of Costa Rica or the US state of Louisiana. This gives it a ranking of 32nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,449 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,750/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 9.72%. Kanpur Nagar has a sex ratio of 852 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 81.31%.
|Rank||Metropolitan Area||Area (km sq.)||2011/2001 (Provisional figures)||Coverage|
|1||Kanpur||450||2,920,067||Includes Kanpur Cantonment and Chakeri|
|4||Northern Railway Colony||15||29,708|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kanpur district.|
- Template:रीति काल के कवि
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Costa Rica 4,576,562 July 2011 est
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
||Kannauj district||Hardoi district|
|Kanpur Dehat district||Unnao district|
|Hamirpur district||Fatehpur district|
|This Kanpur district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|