In Japan, she was dubbed the female Murakami. Her numerous works of fiction have been translated into several different languages and published in many different countries, including her novel Twinkle Twinkle, which has been translated into English.
From 2004 to 2008 her books were continuously in Korea's top 50 bestsellers list. Twinkle Twinkle was a bestseller in 1991.
- Murasaki Shikibu Prize, 1992, Kirakira Hikaru
- Yamamoto Shūgorō Prize, 2001, It's not safe or suitable to swim
- Naoki Prize, 2004 Gokyu suru Junbi wa Dekiteita
- Ah-young, Chung (22 September 2009). "Publications Faltering Amid Downturn". The Korea Times. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- King, Daren (13 December 2003). "Daren King learns about marriage Japanese style in Kaori Ekuni's Twinkle Twinkle". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- Kaori Ekuni at J'Lit Books from Japan (in English)
- Synopsis of God's Boat (Kamisama no boto) at JLPP (Japanese Literature Publishing Project) (in English)
|This article about a Japanese writer, poet, or screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|