Karólína Eiríksdóttir (born 1951) is an Icelandic composer.
Karólína was born in Reykjavík, Iceland, and studied piano as a child. She later studied composition at the Reykjavik College of Music with Þorkell Sigurbjörnsson and at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor with George Wilson, Leslie Bassett and William Albright. She graduated with a master's degrees in music history and research (1976) and in composition (1978), and took a teaching position at the College of Music in Reykjavik.
Karólína's works have been performed in France, England, Vienna, Tokyo, the United States, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and Argentina. She served as chairman of the board of The Iceland Music Information Centre and of The Society of Icelandic Composers, and is now active on the boards of the Reykjavík Arts Festival and Iceland Academy of the Arts.
Karólína composes for orchestra, solo instruments, chamber ensembles, computer music and opera. Selected works include:
- Nago hair Jag set, opera (text: Marie Louise Ramnefalk)
- Man Alive, opera (text: Árni Ibsen)
- Skuggaleikur, opera (text: Sjón)
- Three Paragraphs for orchestra
- Concerto for clarinet and orchestra
- Toccata for orchestra
- Guitar Concerto
- Concerto for two flutes and orchestra
- Na Carenza for mezzo-soprano, oboe and viola (1993)
- Strenglag (String Tune) for viola and piano (2002)
Karólína's works have been recorded and issued on CD, including:
- Violin Music from Ireland, Edward Guðmundsdóttir: In Vultur Solis
- New Orchestral Music, Iceland Symphony Orchestra, cond. Paul Zukofsky: Sinfonietta
- Carolina Eiríksdóttir - Portrait: Sinfonietta, In Vultur Solis, Trio, Rhapsody, Five Pieces for Chamber Orchestra, Poetry Mine Land, Nago hair Jag set
- New Chamber Music - Ymir Ensemble, Renkum
- New Nordic Chamber Music, Warmer-Quartet, Six Poems from the Japanese
- Inti MUSIK, Nordia Ensemble, Rhapsody in C
- Carolina Eiríksdóttir - Cards, Plays Flute, Clouds, Where lognið?, Home of the sea
- My world and your - Ásgerður Júníusdóttir, mezzo-soprano, Month March
- Classico CLASSCD 165 - Dance of the Bacchae: piano music from the Nordic Countries - Elisabeth Klein, piano, Rondo kind
- Vorkvæði Iceland, Hamrahlíðarkórinn, Moderators: Minister Ingólfsdóttir. Icelandic choral music, Winter, Ungæði
- Helga Ingólfsdóttir - From coast to distant shores, Vorvísa for harpsichord
- Granit Games - Tinna Thorsteinsdottir, piano, Icelandic folk in exposure, Carolina Eiríksdóttir
- Side by side English flaututónlist-Martial Nardeau and Gudrun Sigrid Birgisdóttir, Steps for altflautu: Gudrun Sigrid Birgisdóttir
- Hymnodia: Hear me, my soul, Choral music of women in the transport chamber, Hymnodia, Administrator: Eyþór Ingi Jónsson, Ungæði, Winter
- Cummings, David M (2000). International who's who in music and musicians' directory.
- Nordic sounds. NOMUS (Organization), Nordic Council of Ministers. Secretariat for Nordic Cultural Co-operation. 2000.
- White, John David; Christensen, Jean (2002). New music of the Nordic countries.
- "Karólína Eiríksdóttir". Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "Resume". Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "publications". Retrieved 22 October 2010.