|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bapatla|
Karamchedu is a village in Prakasam district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is also the headquarters of Karamchedu mandal in Ongole revenue division. It is known for its rich and fertile agricultural lands. The Buckingham canal, which is the major source of irrigation for its agricultural fields passes through this village. It has produced many famous personalities who have made a mark in film industry, medical profession and politics. It has also been in the media spotlight for the unfortunate Karamchedu massacre.
Notable people from Karamchedu
1. Daggubati Ramanaidu - Film producer, holds Guinness record for most number of films produced by any person in the world. Recipient of Padma Bhushan ,India's third highest civilian award. He was also Ex-Member of Parliament from Bapatla constituency.
2. Yarlagadda Nayudamma - Acclaimed Pediatric surgeon, noted for his remarkable success in the separation of conjoined twins, an extremely rare congenital anomaly. Recipient of Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award.
3. Daggubati Venkateswara Rao - Politician, Ex-State Minister, Ex-Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha), Ex-Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha).
4. Daggubati Venkatesh - Indian film actor known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema.
- "Prakasam District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 127, 172–173. Retrieved 19 June 2015.