|Distributor(s)||Warner Music Group (Malaysia)|
|Country of origin||Malaysia|
Kartel Records Sdn Bhd is a Malaysian hip-hop record label, dealing predominantly in Hip-Hop/R&B music, founded by rapper/entrepreneur Joe Flizzow in 2005. In 2008, Kartel Records entered into a distribution agreement with Warner Music Group Malaysia, enabling the record label to market its artists to a wider audience.
After years of being signed to EMI Malaysia as an artist and member of Malaysia's groundbreaking hip-hop duo Too Phat, Joe Flizzow decided to take control of his music career by forming his own record label. This gave birth to Kartel Records in 2005.
Rebirth Into Reality
The label's first release was "Rebirth Into Reality" by Too Phat in 2005, jointly-owned and in partnership with EMI Malaysia. This hugely successful release instantly made Kartel Records an award-winning record label, taking the Best Local English Album and Best Album Cover awards at the 2006 Anugerah Industri Muzik (AIM).
In 2008, Kartel Records released President , the debut solo studio album by Joe Flizzow. The critically acclaimed President garnered various awards for Joe Flizzow including the coveted "Best Local English Album" award at the 16th annual Anugerah Industri Muzik, continuing the legacy of Kartel Records award-winning releases. President featured many notable collaborations with regional and international superstars such as KRS-One, Jin, Thaitanium, TerryTyeLee and Hady Mirza. This was very much in line with the labels mission to place Malaysia in the forefront of hip-hop music at an international level.
Kartel Records made 5 new artist signings in 2009. These new artists include Altimet (from Malaysia), SonaOne (from Malaysia), Richard J (from Singapore), Micbandits (from Brunei) and DJ Iman (from Malaysia). The signing of Altimet, a prominent figure and popular artist in Malaysia's hip-hop and music scene, is regarded by many to be a significant and shrewd move by the record label in strengthening its position as one of Asia's fastest growing hip-hop record label.
Kartel Music Publishing
Kartel Records owns a music publishing company, Kartel Music Publishing, which is sub-published by EMI Music Publishing Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Joe Flizzow
- Richard J
- DJ Iman
- Ila Damiaa
- Yung Raja
- Fariz Jabba
- Alif (Magicpotion)
|2005||Rebirth Into Reality by Too Phat
|2006||Just Listen by EmceeDavid
|2008||President by Joe Flizzow|
|2013||Havoc by Joe Flizzow
|2014||Kotarayaku by Altimet
|Jian by Altimet
|Heads or Tales by Micbandits
|Kartel Compilation by Various Artistes
|TBA by Richard J
|TBA by SonaOne
Anugerah Industri Muzik (AIM)
- Best Local English Album: Joe Flizzow - President  [Won]
- Best New Artist: Joe Flizzow [Nominated]
- Best Album Cover: Joe Flizzow - President  [Nominated]
- Best Local English Song: Joe Flizzow - All Around The World featuring TerryTyelee [Nominated]
- Best Hip-Hop Song: Joe Flizzow - Bergerak featuring Phlowtron, Isabella featuring Amy Search & Mengapa Harus Bercinta featuring Hady Mirza [Nominated]
Pelangi Awards (Brunei)
- Kartel Records Corporate Profile - March 2009
- Junk Online. http://www.junkonline.net/articles/2006-The-Shout-Awards-2009-winners JunkOnline.Net article, July 20, 2009, retrieved November 18, 2009.
- Voize. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-05-06. Retrieved 2010-11-11.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Voize.My article, May 3, 2009, retrieved November 18, 2009.
- Press Release. http://kartellohello.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73:kartel-records-press-release-27-march-2009&catid=37:pressroom&Itemid=67 Kartellohello.Com article, March 27, 2009, retrieved November 19, 2009.