Karzai (Pashto: کرزی, translit. Karzay; pronounced [ˈkɑrzɑːj]) is an Afghan surname. Karzai means the person is from Karz and is assembled through the common construction of adding an Arabic letter "Ya" to the proper noun Karz which is a village. Karzai is pronounced Karzay because of the dialect of Kandahar, while others may pronounce it as Karzi. . Notable people with the surname include:
- Abdul Ahad Karzai, politician
- Ahmed Wali Karzai, politician
- Azizullah Karzai, diplomat
- Habibullah Karzai, tribal leader
- Hafizullah Karzai, uncle of Hamid Karzai
- Hamid Karzai, President of Afghanistan
- Hashmat Karzai, cousin of President Hamid Karzai, businessman in security and construction, killed by a suicide bomber in July 2014.
- Jamil Karzai, politician
- Mahmood Karzai, businessman, elder brother of President Hamid Karzai.
- Qayum Karzai, politician, elder brother of President Hamid Karzai.
- Yar Mohammed (Karzai), NATO victim
|surname Karzai. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|