Azizullah Karzai with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in October 2010
|Afghanistan Ambassador to Russia|
|Preceded by||Zalmai Aziz|
Azizulah is originally from southern Afghanistan. He belongs to the Karzai-clan of Pashtuns. He is an uncle of former Afghan President Hamid Karzai. Before the Taliban government he was Afghan Ambassador to Poland. He is considered the family's expert on tribal maneuvering. During the United States attack on Afghanistan in November 2001, he said: "Tribalism is more dangerous than the Islamic fundamentalism of the Taliban because it runs throughout Pashtun society."
After the fall of the Taliban government Karzai was appointed Afghan Ambassador to the Czech Republic. He later became aid to the Afghan Foreign Minister and Ambassador to Saudi Arabia. Since 2010 he is serving as Afghans Ambassador to Russia.
- "Afghans in Russia allegedly plotted coup". Pajhwok Afghan News. 29 December 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- The Spokesman Review: Peace Talks all in Family
- Rome News-Tribune: Tribal loyalties hamper Afghan effort
- Afghanistan.ru: New Afghan ambassador to the Russian Federation takes office
- Afghan Bio's: Azizulah Karzai
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Azizullah Karzai.|