Kasia Babis in 2017
|Born||Katarzyna Monika Babis|
20 December 1992
|Area(s)||Cartoonist, Writer, Penciller, Artist, Inker, Letterer, Colourist|
|Tequila, Rag & Bones, Maja z Księżyca|
|Kittypat Daily, Twitter, Facebook|
Katarzyna Monika (Kasia) Babis (born 20 December 1992 in Lublin) is a Polish author of comic books, cartoonist, illustrator, painter, author of children's books and political activist. She has used the pseudonyms Kiciputek and Kittypat.
She has published webcomics in Polish on her blog Kącik Kiciputka since 2012 and in English at Kittypat Daily since 2016. Her debut in print was the 2014 comic book Tequila, written by Łukasz Śmigiel, notable for being one of the first successfully crowdfunded Polish comics. In the same year, the first issue of the Rag & Bones comic was published, written by Dominik Szcześniak. She has illustrated books by Katarzyna Berenika Miszczuk and Marta Kisiel-Małecka. She debuted as a prose writer with the children's book Maja z Księżyca which she also illustrated, and which was nominated to the City of Warsaw Literary Award. Since 2017, she has been publishing English-language comics at The Nib. Her comics often consist of feminist political satire. Since 2017, she has been creating art for video games at 11 bit studios.
In 2015 she joined the newly founded left-wing political party Razem. She ran in the 2015 Polish parliamentary election on Razem's Lublin candidate list. She received 631 votes. In May 2016 she was elected to Razem's National Council. In September 2016, she organized demonstrations in Lublin against the proposed legislation to ban abortion in Poland, as part of the nationwide Black Protest movement.
- Katarzyna Babis. Depresja to nie kwestia nastroju, a gwałt to nie komplement – Wysokie Obcasy
- Komentatorzy rzeczywistości, czyli 7 rysowników, których jeśli wciąż nie znasz, musisz poznać – NaTemat.pl
- This Comic About How Girls Actually Play With Dolls Is So Spot-On – The Mary Sue
- Kasia Babis at The Nib
- Młodzież i kultura popularna. Przyczynek do badań świata społecznego komiksu – The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Ciołkiewicz, Paweł. Artkomiks.pl – Katarzyna Babis
- Katarzyna Babis – Artystki Lublina
- Nagroda Literacka m.st. Warszawy > Katarzyna Babis "Maja z księżyca"
- Feminism Comic By Katarzyna Babis Perfectly Explains The Double Standard Women Face – Huffington Post
- The open letter every ‘centrist’ needs to read right now – The Canary
- Katarzyna Babis – gameacademy.pl
- PKW – Wybory do Sejmu RP
- Razem – Rada Krajowa
- Czarny Protest w Lublinie. Kilkaset osób protestowało na placu Łokietka – Kurier Lubelski
|This profile of a European comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Polish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|