Kate Kelly (politician)
|Member of the Idaho Senate
from District 18
December 1, 2004 – December 1, 2010
|Preceded by||Sheila Sorensen|
|Succeeded by||Mitch Toryanski|
|Idaho Senate Minority Leader|
|Preceded by||Clint Stennett|
|Succeeded by||Edgar J. Malepeai|
|Alma mater||George Mason University,
University of Idaho College of Mines,
University of Utah College of Law,
Boise State University,
Darden Graduate School of Business Administration
In January 2009 she succeeded Senator Clint Stennett of Ketchum as Idaho Senate minority leader after Stennett's announcement that he would miss all of the 2009 legislative session while battling brain cancer. She did not seek re-election in 2010 and cited financial restrictions as her reasoning for her retirement from public office.
Kelly has stated that she raised approximately $80,000 in funding each time she campaigned for election and re-election.
- "Boise Democrat elected Senate minority leader". KTVB. August 15, 2009. Archived from the original on February 3, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- "Kate Kelly". Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Idaho Senate's former Democratic leader joins EPA". KTVB. November 18, 2010. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Kate Kelly (ID) profile
- Follow the Money - Kate Kelly
|This article about an Idaho politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|