Kate Walsh (presenter)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
17 June 1981 |
Hednesford, Staffordshire, England
|Alma mater||Aston University|
|Occupation||Television personality, presenter|
|Known for||Reality TV contestant, TV presenter|
Live from Studio Five
Kate Walsh (born 17 June 1981) is an English television presenter and former licensing development manager who came to the public's attention in March 2009 whilst appearing as a candidate in the fifth series of The Apprentice. She co-hosted the Channel 5 evening entertainment show Live from Studio Five from its launch in September 2009 until the final edition on 4 February 2011. She also presented the Live from Studio Five replacement OK! TV after original host Denise van Outen pulled out of the role three days before the programme's launch. Walsh left the show on 16 August 2011 along with co-host Matt Johnson.
Walsh was born and brought up in Hednesford, Staffordshire. She attended Blake Valley Technology College and has a BSc degree in Psychology and Management from Aston University, Birmingham.
- Runner-up: Kate, for being "too perfect and robotic", and for pricing the chocolates at a high retail price.
- The contestant won The Apprentice and was hired
- The contestant was the runner up
- The contestant won as project manager on his/her team
- The contestant lost as project manager on his/her team
- The contestant was on the winning team
- The contestant was on the losing team
- The contestant was brought to the final boardroom
- The contestant was fired
- The contestant lost as project manager and was fired
- The contestant quit the competition
TV presenting career
In September 2009, Walsh joined Channel 5 to present Live from Studio Five. She presented the show alongside various co-presenters until its cancellation in February 2011. Walsh was the only presenter from the original line-up to remain with the programme from its launch.
Walsh returned to Channel 5 to co-present the new entertainment show, OK! TV from 14 February 2011 to August 2011. She has since appeared as a panellist on the Big Brother spin-off show, Big Brother's Bit on the Side on 5*.
Walsh lived in Hednesford in Cannock but moved to London to live with boyfriend and fellow Apprentice contestant, Philip Taylor. Walsh is a member of the Labour Party and appeared in a party broadcast in 2011.
|2009–2011||Live From Studio Five||Presenter|
|2013||Dangerous Drivers' School||Participant|
|Big Brother's Bit on the Side||Panelist|
- Live from Studio Five, 11 and 17 June 2010
- The Apprentice: We join a record 9.8million to watch the final - and give our view on who won The Mirror, 8 June 2009
- Candidates - Kate Walsh The Apprentice, BBC
- "Something's not OK! Denise Van Outen pulls out of Channel Five's new show just three days before it starts". Daily Mail. 11 February 2011.
- Claws out for Sir Alan: Kate and Yasmina head to the all-female final of The Apprentice Mail Online, 6 June 2009
- Aston Business School celebrates Apprentice ‘star’ Aston Business School, 2009
- Who's sorry now, Sir Alan? Apprentice loser Kate fights back Mail Online, 27 June 2009
- GMTV to take on Kate The Sun, 20 June 2009
- Kate Walsh to front Channel Five show The Guardian, 10 August 2009
- Five axes Live from Studio Five BBC News, 19 January 2010
- Kate Walsh lands 'OK! TV' presenting job Digital Spy, 11 February.
- 'I don't want to be a super-skinny celeb,' says Kate Walsh as she proudly poses in pink bikini Mail Online, 20 July 2010