||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England|
Michelle Louise Faye Dewberry is a British reality television contestant and businesswoman from Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire. Dewberry first came into the public eye in 2006 as the winner of the second series of British television programme The Apprentice.
Dewberry cited her reasons for entering The Apprentice as being for the experience and not the money.
In 2006, Dewberry beat off competition from over 15,000 people to become the winner of the second British series of reality TV show The Apprentice, in which candidates compete for a £100,000-a-year job working for business magnate Sir Alan Sugar. Dewberry's quiet but steely demeanour led to her being nicknamed the "Silent Assassin", and "Steel Pixie" by the British press.
After The Apprentice
In July 2006, The Sun newspaper revealed that she was pregnant by Syed Ahmed, a fellow contestant on The Apprentice, with whom she had formed a romantic relationship. After being admitted to hospital with stomach pains in August 2006, Dewberry was told that she had lost the baby.
Dewberry has subsequently ceased working for Sir Alan, and runs her own consultancy: Michelle Dewberry Ltd (MDL) and www.chiconomise.com. In total, she worked for him for 11 months.
In 2007, she released an autobiography, Anything is Possible. 
In 2007, Dewberry ran the London Marathon in 4hrs 33mins 20secs to raise funds and awareness for the NSPCC. She completed the 2009 London Marathon in 4hrs 26mins 23secs and is currently in training to compete in the MS Challenger 4 day event to again raise funds for the NSPCC.
- "Ex-cashier wins TV's Apprentice". BBC News. 2006-05-10. Retrieved 2006-05-11.
- Land, Jon (2006-09-29). "Apprentice winner to quit Alan Sugar's company". 24dash.com. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- "Episode 11". The Apprentice. Season 2. Episode 11. 60 minutes in.
- "Sir Alan hires Dewberry after winning The Apprentice final", Brand Republic, 11 May 2006
- "Chic economics for the chicks", Sunday Times, 26 October 2008
- "Michelle: You're sired!". The Sun. 2006-07-22. Retrieved 2006-08-24.
- "Apprentice winner loses her baby". BBC News. 2006-08-23. Retrieved 2006-08-24.
- "Apprentice winner quits prize job". BBC. 2006-09-24. Retrieved 2006-09-28.
- Where Are They Now? - The Apprentice | Sir Alan Sugar | MSN TV
- "Bannatyne & Dewberry join Business Matters". Business Matters magazine. 2009-11-17. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Flora London Marathon 2007 Results". London Marathon. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Celebs run the London Marathon". NSPCC. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Flora London Marathon 2009 Results". London Marathon. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- The Daily Chic
- Michelle Dewberry's official web site
- Amstrad official web site
- BBC's Apprentice mini-site
- Michelle Dewberry Interview: The Jitty
- Michelle Dewberry's iVillage blog
|The Apprentice (UK) winner
Series 2 (2006)