Казбек Хазбиевич Пагиев|
22 February 1959
Alagir, North Ossetian ASSR
31 December 2008 (aged 49)|
Vladikavkaz, North Ossetia
|Cause of death||Gunshot|
Mayor of Vladikavkaz|
Deputy Prime Minister of North Ossetia
|Term||February 2008 – 31 December 2008|
Kazbek Khazbiyevich Pagiyev (Russian: Казбек Хазбиевич Пагиев) (22 February 1959 – 31 December 2008) was a Russian politician who was assassinated in 2008.
Pagiyev was the former deputy prime minister of North Ossetia. He served as former mayor of its capital, Vladikavkaz, from 2002 to December 2007. He was replaced by late Vitaly Karayev as mayor. He resigned as deputy prime minister in December 2008. His term lasted short, just from November to December 2008.
Pagiyev was killed by two unknown assailants on 31 December 2008 as he was being driven in his car in Vladikavkaz. His driver was also killed in the attack. There was speculation that the murders of Pagiyev and his mayoral predecessor Vitaly Karayev were connected, or possibly carried out by the same people.
In March 2009, nine men were arrested due to their alleged involvement in assassinations of Karayev and Pagiyev. Pagiyev's killer, Alexander Jussoyev, was sentenced to 20 years in prison on 11 August 2011. Jussoyev was said to be a member of an organized crime group led by Aslan Gagiyev.
- "Казбек Хазбиевич Пагиев. Биографическая справка". Ria Novoski. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- Europa Europa Publications (21 August 2012). The Territories of the Russian Federation 2012. Routledge. p. 184. ISBN 978-1-85743-646-4. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "South Russian ex-mayor shot dead". BBC. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Ex-Mayor Dead". The St. Petersburg Times. 13 January 2009. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Ex-mayor killed in Caucasus attack". Al Jazeera. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Ex-Mayor of north Ossetian capital shot dead". Radio Free Europe. 31 December 2008. Archived from the original on 16 April 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- Vladikavkaz mayor’s murderer sentenced to 20 years in prison Kavkaza, 11 August 2011.
- The Brotherhood of Killers and Cops - Roman Anin, Novaya Gazeta
|This article about a mayor in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|