Kazuya Minekura (峰倉かずや Minekura Kazuya, born March 23, 1975) is a Japanese manga artist widely known for the Saiyuki series. Her other manga series include Wild Adapter, Shiritsu Araiso Koto Gakko Seitokai Shikkobu (Araiso Private School Student Council Executive Committee), and Stigma. Stigma is notable for being a full-color work, unusual as manga is generally drawn in black and white. She had an illness that affected her writing from 2004–2007, which caused her to have a hysterectomy. On 28 September 2010, she went on Hiatus to undergo surgery for ameloblastoma on the right half of her upper jawbone. On 31 December 2010, she reported her surgery was successful after removing the tumor on her right upper jawbone and is currently resting and being fitted with artificial prosthetics to reconstruct the area where her bones were removed. She resumed her manga Wild Adapter in 2015.
- Saiyuki Reload
- Saiyuki Reload Blast
- Saiyuki Gaiden
- Saiyuki Ibun
- Wild Adapter
- Bus Gamer
- Shiritsu Araiso Koto Gakko Seitokai Shikkobu (Araiso Private High School Student Council Executive Committee)
- Hachi no Su (蜂の巣 Honeycomb)
- "Saiyuki's Minekura Puts Manga on Hiatus due to Health". Anime News Network. 28 September 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2011.
- "Saiyuki Creator Kazuya Minekura Returns from Surgery". 31 December 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2011..
- "Kazuya Minekura to Resume Wild Adapter Manga on February 5". Anime News Network. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
|This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|