|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Copic system including markers and the airbrush.
|Type||Art markers, pens, accessories|
Copic (コピック Kopikku?) is a brand of markers as well as inking and related products made in Japan by Too and distributed in the United States and Canada by Imagination International and Notions Marketing.
Copic markers are available in 358 permanent, non-toxic, alcohol-based ink colors and are refillable using standard color ink refills. The refill inks can be mixed to create custom colors, and empty markers are sold for this purpose. Sketch markers, which are the most popular version, have a chisel-style tip at one end and a brush tip at the other, though additional styles of replaceable nibs and tips are available.
The company also sells an airbrush system which utilizes either an air compressor or canned air to blow ink off the tips of the markers onto the paper.
- These are available in 214 colors with nine different tip options, including two calligraphy tips, two types of broad tips, and a range of fine nibs.
- These markers are available in 358 colors with a brush nib and a smaller chisel-shaped nib. They are compatible to the Copic Airbrush System. These are the most popular marker from Too.
- The 25th-anniversary markers are available in 36 colors with a brush nib and a small standard tip. They have a special black barrel and were produced in limited quantities to commemorate the company's 25th anniversary.
- The wide markers are available in 36 colors, have a wide chisel-shaped nib, and have a large oval shaped barrel. They can be used for large backgrounds as well as calligraphy.
- These are available in 180 colors. They have a brush nib and a smaller chisel nib and are smaller than Copic's other markers, with a circular barrel.
- Available in 72 colors. They have a brush nib and a medium round nib. Copic Comic markers are currently only available in Japan.
Copic markers come with the unique ability to refill dry markers instead of having to buy whole new ones. Tutorials for how to refill a Copic marker can be found on YouTube and will work for all the marker types, but work best on the Wide and Original.
Copic sells 4 different types of pens. Multiliners are disposable artist pen that come in 8 colors and 10 tip sizes. Multiliner SP is a more premium version of the Multiliners that have aluminum bodies and replaceable nibs and ink. Multiliner SPs come in 13 colors and 10 tip sizes. The Drawing Fountain pen has 2 different sizes and 2 different colors. The Atyou Spica pens have a glitter feature that comes in 24 colors.
The airbrush system uses disposable cans of compressed air, or air from a compressor, to spray ink from Copic Original and Sketch markers onto a surface.
- Copic Marker - PRODUCTS-Markers at the Wayback Machine (archived October 18, 2014)
- Imagination International Inc. "Limited Edition Copic Sketch 25th Anniversary Set!". Imagination International Inc.
- "製品カタログ". Copic. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Sandy Allnock (2015-05-15), When and how to change Copic nibs, refill markers, retrieved 2016-03-21