This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Keeley Emma Donovan|
14 May 1983
Grimsby, Humberside, England
|Residence||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Education||De Montfort University|
|Occupation||Meteorologist, Journalist and Weather presenter|
Look North from Hull |
Look North from Leeds
Keeley Emma Donovan (born 14 May 1983) is an English journalist and broadcaster, currently working for the BBC as a weather presenter for television and radio services in the North of England.
Donovan was born in Grimsby and grew up in nearby Tetney. Her father, Terry Donovan, was from Liverpool and played professional football, playing for Rotherham United and briefly representing the Republic of Ireland at international level. Her late Irish grandfather, Don Donovan, also represented both Grimsby Town and the Republic of Ireland. He managed Boston United from 1965 to 1969. She has a younger sister, Kirsty.
She attended the Humberston School. She did a course in media at Franklin Sixth Form College in Grimsby, then studied for a BA at De Montfort University in Leicester. She returned to Grimsby to do a post-graduate NVQ Diploma in Broadcast Journalism at Grimsby Institute of Further & Higher Education in conjunction with East Coast Media.
Donovan started her broadcasting career at the age of 14, presenting for Channel 7 Television (now Estuary TV), a local cable TV station based in Immingham. She went freelance while continuing her studies and began freelancing for BBC Yorkshire and Lincolnshire in 2005 and joined the locally-based Propeller TV a year later.
After studying broadcast meteorology with the Met Office and the BBC Weather Centre, Donovan started presenting weather forecasts for the BBC's regional TV and local radio services in the Yorkshire and North Midlands, East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire and North East and Cumbria regions. She is also a reporter for the regional current affairs magazine, Inside Out, and an occasional newsreader and reporter for the Leeds edition of BBC Look North.
- "My Yorkshire: Keeley Donovan". The Yorkshire Post. 26 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "R.I.P Don". Grimsby Town F.C. 27 September 2013. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Keeley Donovan". BBC Look North. BBC Yorkshire. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "Local weather girl Keeley Donovan reveals her new TV challenge". Grimsby Telegraph. Local World. 5 August 2015. Archived from the original on 16 October 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Roberts, Alice (3 September 2015). "Weather girl Keeley Donovan to host BBC1 crime show Break-In Britain". Hull Daily Mail. Trinity Mirror. Archived from the original on 19 September 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Methven, Nicola (8 March 2016). "New Countryfile daytime spin-off show to be fronted by glamorous weathergirl". Mirror Online. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Craig, Peter (1 August 2017). "Keeley Donovan engaged to fellow BBC presenter Johnathan I'Anson". Grimsby Telegraph. Local World. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Watch the emotional ceremony as BBC Look North's Keeley Donovan marries in rustic wedding on Yorkshire farm". The Yorkshire Post. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Keeley Donovan BBC One