Kelleys Island School
|Kelleys Island Local School|
528 Division Street
|School district||Kelleys Island Local Schools|
|Color(s)||Green and White |
|Team name||Green Devils|
|Director of Curriculum||Gene Kidwell|
|Athletic Director||Phil Thiede|
Kelleys Island Local School is a public K-12 school on Kelleys Island, Ohio, United States, that serves the island. It is the only high school in the Kelleys Island Local School District. The school's athletic teams are nicknamed the Green Devils.
Kelleys Island School includes the smallest public high school in Ohio. The class of 2007 included six students, which is about as large a class as they have ever had. Ohio Department of Education statistics show a 2016 enrollment consisting of fewer than 10 kindergartners. Any juniors and seniors are encouraged to take classes at EHOVE Career Center.
The current school building was built from 1901 to 1903 and expanded in 2000.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Zelm, Annie (November 30, 2011). "Ohio island school considers ideas to stay afloat as enrollment dwindles". Sandusky Register. Sandusky Newspapers. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- "Kelleys Island School". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Archived from the original on 2007-03-22. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "Fall Enrollment (Headcount) - October 2016 Public Districts and Buildings" (Excel). Ohio Department of Education. April 18, 2016. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- Sielicki, Jim (June 4, 2006). "In a class by himself: School bids farewell to lone senior, longtime teacher". The Blade. Toledo, Ohio: Block Communications. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- "History". Kelleys Island Local School. September 15, 2016. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
|This Erie County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|