1984 (age 31–32)
|Years active||2009 – present|
Kelly-Marie Stewart is a British actress, best known for playing Hayley Ramsey, the younger sister of already established character Zak Ramsey in Channel 4's teen soap opera Hollyoaks. She attended the Liverpool Theatre School, and appeared in several TV adverts before landing her big break on the soap.
Stewart is the first disabled actress to act as a main character in Hollyoaks. She has Guillain-Barre syndrome – an autoimmune disorder affecting the peripheral nervous system which usually exhibits as an ascending paralysis noted by weakness in the legs. Kelly-Marie lost the use of her legs when she was twenty-one. She left Hollyoaks in 2010 when she became pregnant.
Stewart is the mother of a daughter, Daisie, and is a campaigner for specialist advice and support for disabled mothers in caring for young children. She is also the official ambassador for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign and a patron of Disabled Parents Network.
- Liverpool Echo. Kelly-Mary Stewart speaks out about being a disabled mum for documentary video. Liverpoolecho.co.uk. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- Disability Horizons. Kelly-Marie Stewart: Disability, Acting and Motherhood. Disabilityhorizons.com (23 July 2012). Retrieved on 2015-09-27.
- "Invisible Mums campaign". Bold Management. Bold-management.com (17 August 2012). Retrieved on 2015-09-27.
- "Hollyoaks actress Kelly-Marie Stewart becomes our official ambassador". Muscular Dystrophy Society. Muscular-dystrophy.org. Retrieved on 27 September 2015.
- "New patrons join DPN | DPN". Retrieved 7 September 2015.
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|