Kelly Overton (animal rights activist)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kelly Overton hiking the Mojave in July 2016.
|Occupation||Activist / Author|
Kelly Overton is an author, activist and founder of Mojave Animal Protection (MAP).
Kelly Overton received a BA in Human Services Management from the University of Massachusetts Boston, an MPH in International Health and Development from Tulane University School of Public Health & Tropical Medicine in New Orleans, a graduate certificate in Conservation Biology from Columbia University's Center for Environmental Research and Conservation, and an MPA from Harvard University's John F Kennedy School of Government.
Kelly Overton was a contributor with Tom Regan, Lee Hall and others to the 2008 Greenhaven Press Current Controversies text book The Rights of Animals (ISBN 9780737741476) and co-wrote (with Peter Singer) the Preface to the 2010 edition of Outlawed In Europe (Archimedean Press). In 2016, Kelly Overton: Animals, Culture & Cruelty a collection of his writings was a best selling eBook.
He is curating Resistance As Art, an April 2017 exhibit of animal, environmental and ecological justice art works. The exhibit includes works by Sue Coe, Marina DeBris, Dana Ellyn, Jonathan Horowitz, Jenny Kendler, Andy Singer and Jess X. Snow.
- When Animals Suffer, So Do We, Washington Post
- Clinic Brings Dog Days to Nicaragua, Tico Times
- Send A Signal, Adopt A Mutt, Philadelphia Inquirer
- Stop Animal Testing, Baltimore Sun
- Michael Vick Proves Only Semi-Tough. Boston Herald
- Strong Men Protect Creatures That Are Vulnerable Buffalo News
- The Casualties Of Green Scare Counterpunch
- Many Youngsters Learn Hunter Safety Oakland Tribune
- A White Man's Survival Guide for Post Patriarchal America GirlieGirl Army
- The Obamas and the Million-Mutt March Counterpunch
- Animal Rights and Obama - Can He Build An Ark?, Counterpunch
- Ain't That Ruff Enough? Los Angeles Times
- Chimpanzees Deserve Our Compassion Austin American-Statesman
- Puerto Rico Aims to Trap Roaming Monkeys USA Today
- If There Is A Chimp Heaven Counterpunch
- Is Hunting Racist? Counterpunch
- Man finishes Joshua Tree-to-Vegas Hike for Mojave Awareness Desert Sun
- Man's extreme desert hike raising awareness for the Mojave Desert Sun
- Outlawed in Europe: Preface to the 2010 Edition by Kelly Overton & Peter Singer Archimedean Press
- The Rights of Animals Greenhaven Press
- New Yorkers remain on call to rescue animals from Louisiana oil spill disaster New York Daily News
- Oil Spill Aid Veg News magazine