Kenmore, Akron, Ohio
Kenmore is a community in southwest Akron, Ohio. It is bisected by Interstate 277 and U.S. Route 224. The current mayor of Akron is Daniel Horrigan (D). Kenmore is the 9th ward out of the 10 that make up Akron. Its Ward Councilman is Mike Freeman. Mike Freeman is a graduate of Kenmore High School. He was first elected in 2001 and serves to this day. Kenmore is home to Pierre's Pizza, The Rialto Theater, Showcase Meats, First Glance Student Center, Stones Kenmore Mattress and Furniture, and Kenmore Komics among others.
- Kenmore High School
- Innes Community Learning Center
- Sam Salem Community Learning Center (replaced Gunther and Highland Park Elementary Schools)
- Rimer Community Learning Center
- Pfeiffer Elementary School
- Smith Elementary School
- Lawndale Elementary School
- Heminger Elementary School
- Margaret Park Elementary School
- Colonial Elementary School
Notable people from Kenmore
- Cliff Battles
- Virgil Lay, Founder of Lays Guitar Repair and S.I.T Strings Co.
- Don Buckey
- Tim "Ripper" Owens
- Gary Pinkel, head coach of the Missouri Tigers football team
- Rhea Butcher
- City of Akron neighborhoods: Kenmore
- Kenmore Historical Society
- Akron Public Schools
- Kenmore Community Council, Inc.
- S.I.T. Strings Co. Inc.
|This Summit County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|