Kenneth P. Williams
He is best known for his five volume book, Lincoln Finds a General, published from 1949~1957. Williams had intended to write seven books, but became ill and died just before Volume 5 was published. Volume 1 was reprinted by Indiana University Press, Volumes 3 and 4 were reprinted by University of Kansas Press as "Grant Rises in the West." Another publisher, Macmilian Press, published the five volume work. (See: Bibliography of Ulysses S. Grant)
Williams married Mrs. Ellen (Laughlin) Scott on August 20, 1920.
- "The solutions of non-homogeneous linear difference equations and their asymptotic form". Trans. Amer. Soc. 14 (2): 209–240. 1913. MR 1500945. doi:10.1090/s0002-9947-1913-1500945-5.
- "The asymptotic form of the function Ψ(x)". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 19 (9): 472–479. 1913. MR 1559396. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1913-02400-5.
- "Note concerning the roots of an equation". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 28 (8): 394–396. 1922. MR 1560593. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1922-03598-7.
- Schmadel, Lutz D. (2003). Dictionary of Minor Planet Names – (1763) Williams. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. pp. 140–141. ISBN 978-3-540-29925-7. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
Lincoln Finds a General, Vol. 5.
- Kenneth P. Williams at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Williams, Keneth P. (Kenneth Powers) (1887-1958); National Library of Australia
- Moore, C. L. E. (1921). "Review: K. P. Williams, Dynamics of the Airplane". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 27 (9): 498. doi:10.1090/s0002-9904-1921-03483-5.