Kentucky's congressional districts
Kentucky is currently divided into 6 congressional districts, each represented by a member of the United States House of Representatives. After the 2010 Census, the number of Kentucky's seats remained unchanged.
Current districts and representatives
List of members of the Kentuckian United States House delegation, their terms, their district boundaries, and the districts' political ratings according to the CPVI. The delegation has a total of 6 members, including 5 Republicans and 1 Democrat. Kentucky's 4th congressional seat was vacant for a period of time in 2012 after the July resignation of Republican incumbent Geoff Davis, and it is currently held by congressman Thomas Massie.
James Comer (R-Tompkinsville)
|Republican||R+23||November 14, 2016 – present|
Brett Guthrie (R-Bowling Green)
|Republican||R+19||January 3, 2009 – present|
John Yarmuth (D-Louisville)
|Democratic||D+6||January 3, 2007 – present|
Thomas Massie (R-Garrison)
|Republican||R+18||November 13, 2012 – present|
Hal Rogers (R-Mount Vernon)
|Republican||R+31||January 3, 1981 – present|
Andy Barr (R-Lexington)
|Republican||R+9||January 3, 2013 – present|
Historical and present district boundaries
Table of United States congressional district boundary maps in the State of Kentucky, presented chronologically. All redistricting events that took place in Kentucky between 1973 and 2013 are shown.
|Year||Statewide map||Louisville highlight|
|1973 – 1982|
|1983 – 1992|
|1993 – 1996|
|1997 – 2002|
|2003 – 2013|
The following are former districts of Kentucky:
- 7th District, obsolete since 1993
- 8th District, obsolete since 1963
- 9th District, obsolete since 1953
- 10th District, obsolete since 1933
- 11th District, obsolete since 1933
- 12th District, obsolete since 1843
- 13th District, obsolete since 1843
- At-large district, obsolete since 1935
- "The national atlas". nationalatlas.gov. Retrieved February 2, 2014.
- "Digital Boundary Definitions of United States Congressional Districts, 1789-2012.". Retrieved October 18, 2014.