Kershaw County School District
Kershaw County School District (KCSD) is a public school district in Kershaw County, South Carolina (USA). Led by Superintendent of Schools Frank Morgan, KCSD serves 10,200+ students and employs 1,200 faculty members across 20 schools. The Main Office is located on West DeKalb in Camden, South Carolina.
In 2004, the Kershaw County School District became the first school district in the state of South Carolina to provide every high school freshmen with their own personal laptop computer. The district partnered with HP to provide the students with laptops. Students used the computers through all four years of high school and were given the option to purchase them for $50 at the end of their senior year.
In 2012, it was announced that all incoming ninth-graders for the 2012-2013 school year will receive Apple iPad 2s. The Kershaw County Board of School Trustees voted unanimously for that to happen as part of the Kershaw County School District’s (KCSD) ongoing i-Can program. The board estimates spending $1.37 million for 1,918 iPad 2 units along with 821 laptops, pay for 15 technicians and one-time costs to improve bandwidth and wireless access at all three of the high schools in the Kershaw County School District.
The Kershaw County School District undertook a "Facilities Equalization" plan in late 2007 in an effort to give students the same opportunities throughout the county, regardless of where they lived. Phase 1 of the 102.2 million-dollar plan includes two new middle schools, Camden Middle School and Lugoff-Elgin Middle School, new wellness facilities at all three high schools, a new elementary school, and two elementary renovation projects.
- 1. Lugoff-Elgin High School
- 2. North Central High School
- 3. Camden High School
- 4. Continuous Learning Center - CLC (Alternative school for grades 6th - 12th)
- 5. Applied Technology Education Campus - ATEC (Technical Courses for grades 11&12 and Adult Education Courses)
- 1. Leslie M.Stover Middle School
- 2. Lugoff-Elgin Middle School
- 3. Camden Middle School
- 4. North Central Middle School
- 1. Doby's Mill Elementary school
- 2. Wateree Elementary School
- 3. Pine Tree Hill Elementary School
- 4. Lugoff Elementary School
- 5. Midway Elementary School
- 6. Blaney Elementary School
- 7. Camden Elementary School
- 8. Bethune Elementary School
- 9. Baron DeKalb Elementary School
- 10. Mt. Pisgah Elementary School
- 11.Jackson School
- Lugoff-Elgin High School
- Camden High School (Camden, South Carolina)
- Camden Middle School
- Kershaw County, South Carolina
- Camden, South Carolina
- Lugoff, South Carolina