Kessler or Keßler is a surname of German, Dutch, and Jewish (Ashkenazi) origins. It is an occupational name that means coppersmith. In alpine countries the name derived from the definition: the one living in the basin of a valley.
People named Kessler includes:
- Amalia Kessler, American lawyer
- Andy Kessler, (born 1959), author, investor, financier
- Andy Kessler, (died 2009), skateboarder
- Barbara Kessler, American singer-songwriter
- Chad Kessler (basketball), American basketball player
- Chad Kessler (American football) (born 1975), American football player
- Cody Kessler, American football player
- Daniel Kessler, lead guitarist for post-punk band Interpol
- David Aaron Kessler, scientist and former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration
- David Kessler (actor), (1860–1920) – Yiddish actor
- Donald J. Kessler, NASA scientist
- Alice & Ellen Kessler, known for their participation in the Eurovision Song Contest 1959
- Frederick P. Kessler, Wisconsin legislator
- Friedrich Kessler, (1901-1998), American academic and scholar
- Geldolph Adriaan Kessler, Dutch industrialist and footballer
- George Kessler, city planner and landscape architect
- Germán Kessler (born 1994), Uruguayan rugby union player
- Gladys Kessler, American jurist
- Glenn Kessler (journalist), American journalist and author
- Glenn Kessler (screenwriter), American screenwriter and television producer
- Gustav Kessler, German trade unionist
- Harry Graf Kessler (1868–1937), an Anglo-German count, diplomat, writer, and patron of modern art
- Heinz Kessler (1920–2017), general from East Germany
- Henry Kessler (1847–1900), American baseball player
- Jean Baptiste August Kessler, Dutch oil explorer
- Jimmy Kessler, the first native Texan to assume leadership of Congregation B'nai Israel, Galveston, Texas
- John Kessler, Wisconsin legislator
- Josef Alois Kessler, Volga German bishop
- Joseph Christoph Kessler, German pianist and composer
- Julius Kessler, was the founder of Kessler Whiskey
- Karl Fedorovich Kessler (1815–1881), German-Russian zoologist; author of zoological taxa signed Kessler
- Karl G. Kessler (1919–1997), American physicist
- Liz Kessler, British author of children's books
- Matthias Kessler, German professional road racing cyclist
- Meredith Kessler (born 1978), American athlete
- Meir Kessler, rabbi
- Michael Kessler, German actor and comedian
- Michael G. Kessler, cited as first "forensic auditor", founder of Kessler International
- Mikkel Kessler, Danish boxer
- Minuetta Kessler (1914-2002), Canadian/American concert pianist, classical music composer, and educator
- Robert Kessler, All American basketball player (Purdue) and GM executive
- Ronald Kessler, American journalist and author
- Ryan Kesler, American NHL player
- Kessler, main antagonist in the video game, inFamous
- At the time of the shooting of the original Seinfeld pilot titled "The Seinfeld Chronicles", Kenny Kramer had not yet given consent to use his name, and so Cosmo Kramer's character was originally referred to as "Kessler"
- David Kessler is the name of the main character in the 1981 comedy-horror film An American Werewolf in London
- Edward Anselm 'Eddie' Kessler is the name of a character in HBO's Boardwalk Empire.
- Monty Kessler is the name of Brendan Fraser's character in "With Honours"
- Raphael Kessler is the protagonist in L'anniversaire
- Ulrich Kesler (voiced by Shūichi Ikeda) is a character in the science-fiction series Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
- Marie Kessler, Aunt of Protagonist Nick Burkhart in "Grimm".
- Kelly Kessler Burkhart, Mother of Protagonist Nick BurkHart in "Grimm".
- Donald Kessler, a character in the 1996 science fiction comedy film Mars Attacks!
|This page lists people with the surname Kessler. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|