Kevin Alexander (wide receiver)
|Date of birth:||January 23, 1975|
|Place of birth:||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Barry Goldwater HS|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 1997|
|Player stats at PFR|
Kevin John Alexander (born January 23, 1975) is a former gridiron football wide receiver who played for several teams in the National Football League (NFL) and the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Glendale Community College and Utah State before playing for two seasons with the New York Giants from 1996–1997. Alexander also played for the Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins of the NFL and the Montreal Alouettes and Ottawa Renegades of the CFL.
Alexander was signed by the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent following the 1996 NFL Draft. He was waived during final cuts on August 20, 1996, but was immediately re-signed to the team's practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 26, 1996 to replace Amani Toomer. He was re-signed on January 9, 1997. Alexander made the active roster that season after catching a 42-yard touchdown in a preseason game. He later made his NFL debut in place of the injured Thomas Lewis. After Alexander was injured himself, David Patten replaced him as a starting wide receiver.
Alexander was signed to a two-year contract by the Miami Dolphins on March 2, 1998. He was released by the Dolphins on August 25, 1998. Alexander was signed by the Washington Redskins on February 23, 1999 and was released on August 31, 1999.
After Alexander left the NFL, he joined the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. He made his CFL debut in 2000, playing in nine games and scored three touchdowns with 272 receiving yards. In 2001, he scored another three touchdowns and had 26 catches for 343 yards. Alexander played six games for the Ottawa Renegades during the 2002 season.
- "Maddox Among 11 Cuts". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. August 20, 1996. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Freeman, Mike (October 26, 1996). "Giants Lose Toomer And Sparks To Injuries". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Freeman, Mike (January 9, 1997). "For Giants, All Pieces Are in Place". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Cyphers, Luke (September 25, 1997). "TICKED, TOOMER SULKS". Daily News. p. 81.
- Gola, Hank (September 27, 1997). "GIANTS CALL FOR BACKUP CALLOWAY, ALEXANDER STEP IN". Daily News. p. 49.
- Pennington, Bill (December 26, 1998). "PRO FOOTBALL; Dancing Fool: Toomer Feels in Step". New York Times. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Dolphins sign pair". Lawrence Journal-World. March 3, 1998. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "NFL Transactions". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. August 26, 1998. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "Transactions". New York Times. February 24, 1999. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Maher, Tod; Gill, Bob (2013). The Canadian Pro Football Encyclopedia: Every Player, Coach and Game, 1946–2012. Maher Sports Media. p. 142. ISBN 978-0983513667.