Kiki's Delivery Service (2014 film)
|Kiki's Delivery Service|
Official movie poster
|Directed by||Takashi Shimizu|
|Produced by||Haruo Umekawa|
Kiki's Delivery Service|
by Eiko Kadono
|Music by||Taro Iwashiro|
|Edited by||Ayumu Takahashi|
|Distributed by||Toei Company Ltd.|
- Fuka Koshiba as Kiki
- Ryōhei Hirota as Tombo
- Machiko Ono as Osono, the baker
- Hiroshi Yamamoto as Fukuo, her husband
- Miho Kanazawa as Saki
- Rie Miyazawa as Kokiri
- Michitaka Tsutsui as Okino
- Minako Kotobuki as voice of Jiji the cat
- Tadanobu Asano as Dr. Ishi
- LiLiCo as voice of radio DJ
Kiki's Delivery Service was released in Japan on March 1, 2014. It was the third highest-grossing film on its release in Japan, making ¥128 million (US$1.25 million) from 117,000 admissions on 281 screens.
Film Business Asia gave the film a four out of ten rating, referring to the film as "bland, charmless and undramatic". The review stated that actress Fuka Koshiba was "way too mature for the 13-year-old, waifish Kiki and has a forced perkiness that drags the action down" and stated that "the visual and special effects are more run-of-the-mill 20th century than state-of-the-art 21st" Variety gave the film a negative review, noting "its charmless heroine, leaden storytelling and dime-store production values unlikely to bewitch anyone except tiny tots."
- Elley, Derek (March 2, 2014). "Kiki's Delivery Service". Film Business Asia. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "Live-Action Kiki's Delivery Service's Teaser Video Streamed". Anime News Network. 2013-10-25. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- "More of Live-Action Kiki's Delivery Service Cast Revealed in Costume". Anime News Network. 2013-06-09. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- Ma, Kevin (March 4, 2014). "The Hobbit tops Japan box office". Film Business Asia. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved March 7, 2014.
- Lee, Maggie (March 1, 2014). "Kiki's Delivery Service". Variety. Retrieved March 18, 2014.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|