Kim Sang-hyun (baseball)
|Born:November 12, 1980|
|2001, for the Haitai Tigers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Sanghyeon|
In 2004, Kim was drafted into the Korea Armed Forces Athletic Corps. In the Korea Armed Forces Athletic Corps, Kim was the home run leader. In 2007, Kim was discharged from military service, and returned to the LG Twins. However, he still played an active part in farm team.
In 2009 KBO season, he was traded to the Kia Tigers again. Kim played in 121 games, hitting .315 with 127 RBI and hit a league-leading and a pro career-best 36 home runs. Kim and Hee-seop Choi hit 69 home runs, and the two together are called the "CK Cannon". In 2009 Korean Series, Kim batted three-run homer in Game 3.
In June 2016, Kim was banned from returning as a player for a minimum of a year without KT Wiz's approval, after he has been booked without detention for allegedly masturbating in public while looking at a female college student on June 16, 2016,
- 2009 Home Runs Title
- 2009 RBI Title
- 2009 Slugging Percentage Leader
Awards and honors
- 2009 KBO MVP
- 2009 Golden Glove Award (Third baseman)
- (in Korean) 김상현 'LG 신형 거포'...장타율 5할 1리 팀 내 당당 1위 - 스포츠조선
- Kim Sang-Hyeon, Korean Baseball Organization
- (in Korean) 'CK포 11타점 합작' KIA, 두산 격파…두산 3위 추락 - OSEN
- (in Korean) '15년만의 KIA MVP' 김상현 "2군 선수들이 나를 보고 힘냈으면 좋겠다"
- (in Korean) 골든글러브에 키스하는 홈런왕 김상현
- (in Korean) KIA, GG 수상자 4명 배출…최다득표 김현수(종합)
- "KBO player admits masturbating in public". The Korea Times. 13 July 2016. Archived from the original on 15 July 2016.