Weatherall studied at Oxford and Yale, then worked for Mallesons Stephen Jaques in Sydney before becoming a lecturer at the Melbourne Law School. She is also the associate director of the Intellectual Property Research Institute of Australia and board member of the Australian Digital Alliance. She is currently an associate professor at the Sydney Law School. She was awarded the third annual Rusty Wrench award for service to the free software community at linux.conf.au 2007. Weatherall was appointed to Australia's Advisory Council on Intellectual Property (ACIP) in 2013.
Her blog Weatherall's Law, was called "one of the most interesting" law blogs by Australasian Business Intelligence in 2006. On 10 January 2007 Weatherall announced she would cease posting to the blog. She continues to blog on intellectual property law issues at LawFont.
She has been published in the Sydney Law Review, Federal Law Review, American University International Law Review, Melbourne University Law Review, the Journal of Economic Surveys, and other journals.
- "Professor Kimberlee Weatherall". University of Sydney. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- Duckett, Chris. "Linux Aus's Rusty Wrench award returns | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Australia Appoints New IP Advisor". Managing Intellectual Property (228). February 2013. p. 84. Retrieved 10 April 2017 – via EBSCOhost. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Podcast Your Net Wider". Australasian Business Intelligence. 3 April 2006. Retrieved 10 April 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Weatherall, Kimberlee (10 January 2007). "The Last Post". Weatherall's Law. Archived from the original on 18 October 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "LawFont.com". LawFont. Archived from the original on 4 February 2017. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- Weatherall, Kimberlee (2011). "Politics, Compromise, Text and the Failures of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement". Sydney Law Review – via HeinOnline. (Subscription required (. ))
- Weatherall, Kimberlee G.; Jensen, Paul H. (2005). "An Empirical Investigation into Patent Enforcement in Australian Courts". Federal Law Review – via HeinOnline. (Subscription required (. ))
- Weatherall, Kimberlee G.; Webster, Elizabeth (2010-06-01). "Patent Infringement in Australia: Results from a Survey". Federal Law Review. Rochester, NY. 38 (1): 21–70 – via SSRN. (Subscription required (. ))
- Weatherall, Kimberlee (2011). "ACTA as a New Kind of International IP Lawmaking". American University International Law Review. 26 (3): 839–901 – via DigitalCommons.
- Weatherall, Kimberlee (2007). "Of Copyright Bureaucracies and Incoherence: Stepping Back from Australia's Recent Copyright Reforms". Melbourn University Law Review – via HeinOnline. (Subscription required (. ))
- Weatherall, Kimberlee; Webster, Elizabeth (15 March 2013). "Patent Enforcement: A Review of the Literature". Journal of Economic Surveys. 28 (2): 312–343. doi:10.1111/joes.12009 – via Wiley Online Library. (Subscription required (. ))
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|